Light-O-Rama Forums

Static lights after shows

Ed Slonka Jr

What is the best way to turn all your display lights back on after a show?

In other words, how do you make the display static until the next show starts?

How long of a space do you intend to have between shows?

There are a couple of ways to do this.
1) Program the static portions within the same show file as your musical sequences.
2) Create a second show file with the static portions programmed there.

Method 1: You'd simply create a static sequence for the length of time you want. Insert it in between the musical sequences. As far as timing goes, you'll need to know how long your songs are so that you can create the static sequence for the length you need. You will only have to program one show.

Method 2: With this method you would create your musical sequences in one file. You'd create a static sequences into a seconds show file.

A note on this method.
Your static sequences should be short. Why? Remember that at the end of the show, LOR will continue to play the current sequence. (Full disclosure: I did not use the LOR Gamma this year. If I recall, though, the 'blink' that was in LOR is now gone. Could someone confirm?)

Don wrote:

If I recall, though, the 'blink' that was in LOR is now gone. Could someone confirm?

If you're worried about the 'blink', do this: Make a 'static' show and schedule it to run after your 'musical' show. In the 'static' show, have a single animation sequence, but don't put it in the 'Animation' or 'Musical' tabs. Instead, but it in the 'Background' tab. Make it short (30 seconds or so). Even if you're running S1, when the 'Background' sequence repeats, there will be no 'blink'.

And since your show will have nothing in the 'Musical' or 'Animation' tabs, it won't wait for those sequences to finish before starting the next show.

Good point Don on method one. I never thought of having static in between musical sequences. I was thinking one MS after another for whatever length of time the songs were but adding static time would also lengthen your show times too as long as you keep the static short so you don't lose anyones interest when watching a show.

Thanks ! :)

Hi guys Just a example. This worked great for me. it gave the people a chance to see what the entire display really looked like and it also helps keep the traffic moving along. After each song, all the lights would come on for 45 sec. then all would go off for 15 sec. then the next song would play. Just my 2ct. Paul