Light-O-Rama Forums

The story behind ALEX on the controllers

daniel

Hey light-o-rama,

For a while now, I have been wondering about the name "Alex" written on the controllers, all three (diffrent models, d-status) have it. I can connect it to Dan's son, but I think it would be intresting from Dan's point-of-view.

--Daniel L

daniel wrote:

Hey light-o-rama,

For a while now, I have been wondering about the name "Alex" written on the controllers, all three (diffrent models, d-status) have it. I can connect it to Dan's son, but I think it would be intresting from Dan's point-of-view.

--Daniel L

After I wrote my first response to this I realized it was a little too personal. The short answer is that it makes me feel good to hear his name, see him, touch him, think of him, smell him, hug him, walk and hold his hand, talk to him, watch him concentrate, watch him sleep, watch him eat, watch him grow, and late at night when he is sleeping and I am working on LOR it is nice to see his name. ;)

Dan

As an 18 year old kid, I say cool!

As a supporter of the Light-O-Rama products, and the people that go into making our Christmas(es) so great, I have to say I am honored to have his name on the boards, its great to see you have put a little of your family in every controller.

--Daniel L

We had five children, but lost one as an infant soon after birth; that was over 30 years ago. At Christmas, we put her picture on the top of our Christmas tree as our Christmas Angel. Over the years, we have added pictures of our other children and grandchildren, but she is always our angel. Next Christmas, we will have one more picture to add, a new grandchild due in November.

Enjoy them as if there is no tomorrow.

LightORamaDan wrote:

daniel wrote:
Hey light-o-rama,

--Daniel L

After I wrote my first response to this I realized it was a little too personal. The short answer is that it makes me feel good to hear his name, see him, touch him, think of him, smell him, hug him, walk and hold his hand, talk to him, watch him concentrate, watch him sleep, watch him eat, watch him grow, and late at night when he is sleeping and I am working on LOR it is nice to see his name. ;)

Dan

sounds like a proud father to me.

Spoken like a true Dad... I feel much the same about my kids.

LightORamaDan wrote:

daniel wrote:
Hey light-o-rama,

--Daniel L

After I wrote my first response to this I realized it was a little too personal. The short answer is that it makes me feel good to hear his name, see him, touch him, think of him, smell him, hug him, walk and hold his hand, talk to him, watch him concentrate, watch him sleep, watch him eat, watch him grow, and late at night when he is sleeping and I am working on LOR it is nice to see his name. :)

Dan

Great reply Dan and they grow so fast. I had just found out about animating lighting last November and new i had to do it. My wife and i were proud new grandparrents but she lives in new jersey were in ohio. All i could think of was next christmas 2008 and it will be her first time being here. We went there for last christmas and she was so cute. Then in january we had the bad news she had a bad heart. I felt like i wasnt suposed to do this became depressed, woried could not sleep But the doctors at childrens hospital in philly fixed her heart. Now im doing all I can to get it all together. sequencing buying building my wife says im possesed. I just wishe she was with me every day. So its early and yes im strugggling with the sequencing have built 5 LOR controllers. Am overwelmed and so happy. I know it wont be as good as some ive seen on here but. it wont matter as long as she is here to see it with me. And by the way Alex did a great job picking this years winners. Its all about the kids.