Light-O-Rama Forums

External triggering of software

theultimateandy

I am attempting to trigger the LOR software with a normally open momertary switch. Is there any way of doing this, or is there a keyboard shortcut I could use to trigger the software as well? All I really need to trigger is the Sequence Editor.

I also need to trigger an external WAV. file when the show starts (as the sound file is in 5.1 DTS surround.) Of course, I will need to use this in conjunction with the above trigger. Does LOR accept MP3 XS (surround sound) files, this way I would be able to eliminate the WAV. file.

theultimateandy wrote:

I am attempting to trigger the LOR software with a normally open momertary switch. Is there any way of doing this, or is there a keyboard shortcut I could use to trigger the software as well? All I really need to trigger is the Sequence Editor.

I also need to trigger an external WAV. file when the show starts (as the sound file is in 5.1 DTS surround.) Of course, I will need to use this in conjunction with the above trigger. Does LOR accept MP3 XS (surround sound) files, this way I would be able to eliminate the WAV. file.

The only why I know how ot "trigger" a music show is from the director cards. It may be a good option.

Harrison