Light-O-Rama Forums

Malibu lights

Guest guest

gremler wrote:

If I bypass the light sensor (photo cell) can I run my Malibu lights with LOR as long as I keep within the current restraints?

Should be able to -- just don't dim them (dimming a transformer is generally a no-no).

-Tim

I'm with you and I don't think flashing would be good either (no blinky), just on for a while, off for a while.

Edit: Now that I think about it, changing the input voltage to a transformer should not be a problem, changing frequency however (like blinky), big problem.

Bill,I use the LOR MC-PD Modular Controller Processor at 120 ac and the MC-TB08 Modular Controller 8 Channel Triac Board at 12AC to run my Malibu lights !!!I use two 12vAc@ 20amp output transformer to feed my two 8 Channel Triac Board !There is no problem on dimming at all...Jerry Plak:snowman:

Jerry,

Was that english ... ????

I need to go back to school.:) LOR school that is ... I had not considered running my low voltage lights with LOR .... hmmmm, there's always a good idea here!

I would ask that if there was something embedded in the above replies that would require setting up the LOR differently to handle the transformer, could you dumb-it down for me. I'm not up on such things.

Thanks,

T.

I have these Malibu Santa’s, just remove the existing lens and Santa just attaches to the top. Been using these for a couple years.
Just did current measurements, with 9 malibu lights, 7 watts bulbs in each, measured current is .62 amps (this should work).:waycool:

Attached files 30986=1726-malibu Santa.jpg

And to just add a little to Jerry's post, here is a picture of my Fountain controller. The MC-PD board is behind the 24 volt transformer in the middle of the box. I am driving 8 solid state relays with the A port of the MC-P. The relays then control the irrigation solenoids which are attached to various water jets.

Attached files 31049=1730-Fountian Control.JPG