Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to install LOR 4.2.6 or 4.2.10

stanward

It looks like something has turned on the 'Read Only' bits for those two files.  Use Windows to browse to that directory, then right click each of those and select 'properties'.  In there make sure there are no check marks on the 'file attribute' for 'Read Only'.

Hi DevMike,

I believe my problem is attributed to BitDefender recently flagging the two files as viruses.  I opened a support ticket with LOR, and I also opened a support ticket with BitDefender as well.

My programming is done on my desktop but my show is run with a laptop. I upgraded my software version to 4.2.6 and would like to upgrade the laptop with the same version. I downloaded the most recent version to my desktop and burnt the files to a disk to load  the laptop. The problem is .exe file won't start the install wizard. I cannot get the exe file loaded. Unfortunately the laptop does not have a working internet card. Is there a way to get my software loaded on the laptop? Thanks.

Just an obvious check, but earlier this year I had to run the exe. as administrator. SO just right click on the download and click run as administrator.

My programming is done on my desktop but my show is run with a laptop. I upgraded my software version to 4.2.6 and would like to upgrade the laptop with the same version. I downloaded the most recent version to my desktop and burnt the files to a disk to load  the laptop. The problem is .exe file won't start the install wizard. I cannot get the exe file loaded. Unfortunately the laptop does not have a working internet card. Is there a way to get my software loaded on the laptop? Thanks.

Download the installer to a flash drive, use the flash drive to install on the laptop. turn off the AV software, install normally. You'll need to enter your license number or whatever LOR tells you to do in order to make it run at your license level. Turn back on you AV software and if needed, tell it to ignore the LOR EXE files as it should have an "Exception" list area. BTW, you can get a cheap Wi-Fi USB transceiver that will let your laptop get to the internet again.

Edited by dgrant