Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Locks Up

CLD Kevin

godman,

it seems to me you are not using compressed sequences. Make sure it is checked in the control panel. I could be wrong but having it unchecked will cause LOR to use the regular uncompressed sequence.

(from help file);

Light-O-Rama will automatically create compressed sequences whenever appropriate, and the Show Player will automatically use them instead of the associated sequence file whenever they are present. So, you should not have to take any steps in order to start taking advantage of this feature. You can, however, prevent the Show Player from using compressed sequences (for example, if something unexpected goes wrong with them), in which case it will simply use the sequences instead. This can be controlled through the LOR Control Panel's "Use Compressed Sequences" option.

Not all sequences can have compressed sequences associated with them; if a sequence contains loops, or if it contains two or more tracks that have different time lengths than each other, it cannot have a compressed sequence. There are no other restrictions on what sequences can have compressed sequences. So, since musical sequences also cannot have loops or tracks of different lengths, note that this means in particular that all musical sequences can have compressed sequences.

Did you change the show editor option to loading sequences when needed?

Yes, The show runs solid for about 2 hours, sometimes more. it is only when the free memory gets low that I start to see the error.

I tend to think if the de-caching of songs was a bit more consistent the issue would go away.

The MonitorMemory file LOR sent me helps with decaching. I'm flying home today, but will upload a link to download tomorrow. There are a couple setting required but easy. Seems to help along with latest version of S4.

Running 16 songs to 160 LOR controllers and separate E1.31 network (9k chs). All sequences range from 200mb to 600mb. It runs good...No delay between songs and the show itself for the most part run great. Some areas do lag when the sequence is super busy, but not enough call it bad. Could be a distance issue as the display is spread over 2 miles. Can't use 115k or 500k for this reason. Lags really bad. So 56.7k is the best option.