Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Request: Sequences with 8 channel Spiral Trees

coachdove

Hi guys!  This is my first g- round using LOR controllers and I'm currently sequencing some songs, but having trouble getting my 8 channel spiral trees to look smooth in the Visualizer.  I know its my lack of experience with the sequence editor that's making it look bad, so I was hoping to speed up the learning process.  For the record, I am planning on using 16 strings on my spiral tree, but doubling them up on 8 channels.

I was hoping some of you out there would be willing to email me a sequence that incorporates an 8 channel spiral tree, so I can see how to sequence it properly. Doesn't matter the song, just need an example to follow, so I can figure this spiral effect out.  Thanks in advance guys!  Really enjoying everything I've learned from the forums so far.

coachdove@hotmail.com

Actually, it's a lot more sinister than your lack of experience with the Sequence Editor. You're working against mathematics.

A 360 degree circle with 8 points equals 45 degrees of separation between each strand. That's a lot. An awful lot, actually. From my experience sequencing spiral trees, it's almost impossible to cover leaps of 45 degrees smoothly. You have to be literally spinning it fast enough that it will blur human vision in order to look smooth. It's doable, but it leaves you almost zero options, and a wildly spinning spiral tree isn't really what you want for every song. IMO spiral trees need to be at least 12 channels, with 16 being my definition of an ideal number.

Edited by George Simmons

• 2 weeks later...

8 is going to be really hard to get to look smooth... there is a big jump in degrees from one string to the next... if possible try to use like George said...  I posted a link to the ones I have but mine are all 16 channel on my sprial and you can see how they look by going to my u tube videos. Last year was my 1st lor year so the videos arent really that great..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rQS92LcPWUXsSF1WR3hkw