Light-O-Rama Forums

Max. Length of Non-Music Animation?

mcnamara9

For a Christmas party coming up, I want to turn the lights on and keep them statically on instead of running a show while guests are at the party. I have 32 channels so I can't just use the HW utility. I don't want music playing either. So I thought I could just make a really long animation, but I don't know how long I can make it without using music. I'd like to have the mega tree and windows switch colors every 5 min or so to make a nice effect. I know the sequence can loop, but want the sequence as long as possible to avoid having the lights turn off as it finishes the sequence and then starts up again. Hope this makes sense.:shock:

Any thoughts on this or how I could set this up?

Thanks in advance, Brian

I answered on CC. I'll let others answer here to see if there's any alternative ideas... :D

-Tim

kenj30 wrote:

Tim,

Could you drop a link to the answer you gave?

Thanks

http://www.constantlychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2862

You'll need to be a CC member to view it (but if not, why not join? It's a nice little forum without all the craziness of "the other one"...)

-Tim

Daniel, thanks for the tip on the HW utility idea, I didn't know you could do that and tried it out on my own house last night. However, the house my question is for is for one of my client homes so I can't leave my laptop there all night. But the tip is great.

Thanks Jeff as well. I use a .mp3 Director at the client house and so the show scheduler does not have the "background" option like if you are running it off your PC (like I do at my home). You schedule shows a little differently with the .mp3 Director.

I'll have to experiment tonight and see what I come up with. I just wasn't sure if anyone else had crossed this bridge before.

As always, much thanks for everyone's help.