Light-O-Rama Forums

Any Easy Way To Make X

mmais68569

Wondering if there is any easy way(or any way) to make an X using the chase tool

Look something like this

Lets use a 8 channel mega tree for example

ch 1 & 8 on

ch 2 & 7

ch 3 & 5

ch 4

1            1

2        2

3    3

5   5

7        7

8             8

Thanks Mike

How easy?   Is your matrix 8x8 and RGB?  Are you trying to do letters or make patterns?

You could do each of the 1-8 chase directions separately using the chase tool.  Presuming they're exactly the same length of time, what you do then is cut/paste one over the top of the other using paste from foreground.  What you'll wind up with should match your diagram.

George, thank you for your valuable instruction.  I too was having a problem making the X in my sequence, but was resolved using your instructions and watching the LOR video for creating a chase.

Maybe this is something every one is using already, if so ignore it,  but this is my way to do this

I create 1 group with the 8 channels in the order   1 down to 8,  I also create a group just below this group with the channel order   8  down to 1.  I call it a mirror group.

If I create an effect in the first group , the same effect shows up in the second group  up side down.   Copy from the second group and paste in the first with -- paste from foreground -- option on, as George was telling earlier already.

this way the timing is exactly the same automatically.

If the channels are rgb channels you have even the option to make a chase in red and cross it with blue, do a copy form the mirror channels ,  and just by opening the rgb channel the way you see r g and b separate, paste in the blue part of the destination channel(s).

Hope it might bring you somehelp

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

Edited by Trickyd

A great tool for mirroring sequence patterns is called Clipboard Flipper, written by ItsMeBobO. It's especially useful for RGB sequencing. I've been using it for a few years and it's one of the best tools I've ever found.

A great tool for mirroring sequence patterns is called Clipboard Flipper, written by ItsMeBobO. It's especially useful for RGB sequencing. I've been using it for a few years and it's one of the best tools I've ever found.

Yup it is a great tool, after you figure it out. The first couple of time I used it I had my stuff all twisted around