Light-O-Rama Forums

Color palette new feature

olracs

When working between S.S. and LOR 3 the main colors in S.S. seems to be more accurate

then LOR 3. I would like to see S.S.pallete included in in LOR 3. so no matter which software

you program in the colors are a match.

I also would like to see included in the main color pallete would be warm white along with bright white,

and a way you can save your own special pallette that is there and automatically

updated to your choosing. Being that it changes everytime you open a new sequence.

Any thoughts,or did I miss something, thats very possible.

I agree   a standardized color palette across both platforms, and a quick palette to select colors from (that have say 7-8 colors) and the ability to save and load other "palettes"

You can save your colors as a tool.  What would really be helpful is to label a color, whether by name or color values.  This would really help when working with low values like in the 1-20% range.

• 2 months later...

I've noticed that certain RGB products will look very different, color wise, even if you have the same color programmed in.  For example, although 2811 strips are pretty good at replicating the color orange, RGB floodlights have a more difficult time and Orange tends to look like Red.  Although a more "accurate" color palate might be helpful, you'd still run into the issue of having different RGB lights not matching each other.  My suggestion is to make a test animation sequence with basic colors for each RGB product and then try to match from there.