Light-O-Rama Forums

Urgent issues (fixed)!

Zac_Cutt

I am setting up a commercial display and have been for a few days. I have pretty much encountered every problem possible and it is still not working. The current setup uses an MP3 director which is directly hooked up into the first controller. The MP3 director is now self powered by a tranformer. From the first controller the signal is transmitted using a ELL to the second and third controllers which use ELLs to pick it up. Right now the problem I am having (after I ended up replacing a controller and soon to be an MP3 director) is that when my sequence plays it now plays fine (before it froze after the first 10 seconds) Then according to what is on the chip it is supposed to play a sequence that is just 4 minutes of static all lights on. For some reason EVERY time it skips this and goes back to playing the other sequence. I have even tried just making a sequence with the first part and four mintues all on togeather in one sequence and it does the same thing!

At this point my computer is extremely screwed up which adds to the point that I mentioned everything that can go wrong HAs gone wrong. This is unbelievable. The lighting ceremony was today but is now tommorow and HAS to be tommorow as the mayor of Toronto will be there and they will be shutting down the streets etc. This is insane and I have exhausted all of my resources. At this point I have to solve the problem before I can even go to bed. As for my computer beign broken I bought new hardware tried installing it and much more and still nothing.

I am so stuck it is ridiculous, does anyone have ANY other ideas as to why this would happen with the sequences....?

Ok to summarize...

Sequence is being skipped, I thought it may have been the transmitters so I unhooked them and it still does the same thing. I tried hooking the computer to the first controller and everything played normally with the transmitters.

If you need any info feel free to ask. BTW the display is about an hour away from my house which doesnt really help.

If you think you can help at all please post!!! If you want you can call me at 905-954-0532.

Thanks.
Zac

I don't have MP3 director experience, sorry. Only thing I can offer is I've seen the show controller skip sequences when run from a computer if the audio path wasn't correct (e.g. copied from another computer with a different path to the audio).

If you're having MP3 show director problems, I'd consider finding a laptop or even a desktop to hook up temporarilly to get your show going. That will at least take the pressure off until you find the real problem.

Good luck...

-Tim

Hey Tim,

That is my plan for now, even when I had the 4 min of static as an animation sequence it still skipped it. And to clarify, when I had the musical sequecne with just 4 min of static tacked onto it it would just stop playing during the sequence once it hit the all on commands.... It is really puzzling me my problem is that the client will not be very happy if its not running right after the lighting ceremony so I need to deal with it ASAP. And when I was down there today I borrowed a laptop and tried atleast 20 different combinations of sequences and bascially everything possible on the chip and it was still mixed up....

Zac

I had a problem with my MP3 player last year. It ended up being the card itself. I am not saying I am an expert, but I understand desperate times. You may consider replacing the SD card.

Good luck. I hope to read that all is well tomorrow evening.

Hmm, I have tried 3 different SD cards. I will try another tommorow maybe.

Another problem if it is any consellation is that many of my sequences that have been made previously when I go to play them (in the sequence editor) it says there was an error with the audio file. So I reselect it incase it had moved and same thing. Many (probably 90%) of my sequences now will not play and are completely uneditable. I had thought this was my computer but am now thinking it may be the software. Anyone else have this happen? It seems like the sequences have all been corrupted....

I don't even know what to do now.

Zac

Wow. :shock:

Ok so I updated that from my 1.6.4 that I had. I now have 1.6.6. That solves one problem now I can still not even make shows because of the whole error thing with all of my sequences. I am hoping that may be the problem that I was encountering with the SD cards. Thank you so much I just wish I could only try it now ha ha.

I am going to attach a LAS file that brings up an error when I attempt to even open it in the sequence editor. Anyone want to give it a try and see if it opens?

Thanks,
Zac

The MP3 I have been using is 128kbps I made a new one on audacity this morning that is 1141kbps. Its less than 5 hours to lighting ceremony now I now have a new laptop and still am not getting anywhere. Dans phone is busy..... Still....

Zac

Did you load the LOR software on the new laptop? Did you try to create a new sequence? Did it work? Did you take the .bak files from your other sequences and try opening them on your new laptop? Did that work?

Zac,

I'm having trouble understanding the issue. It sounds like you have the MP3 Director and ELL's out of the picture now? If so, you're more in the realm where I could maybe help...

Specific questions:

• When you say "the sequence is being skipped" what exactly does that mean?
  • Can you find the units from the HWU?
  • Can you control lights from the HWU?
  • Can you control lights from the sequence editor?
  • You mentioned not even being able to open the file in the sequence editor. Is it possible your "messed up" computer corrupted something? If so, do you have any backups? Even the .lms.bak file might be of help here...

Good luck, and I'll keep an eye on this thread...

-Tim

I know I'm late and hope all went well.

I had the "skipping sequence" issue when I first got my mini-director. It turned out being a corrupt audio file. I ran the MP3 through an audio editor and then resaved. Now everything works fine.

Zac -- we need to know, did it work out?

I have horiffic visions of the entire city running you off a cliff for a show that didn't happen. Please set me straight! :(

-Tim

Hi guys,

Well I guess this was a god send, I still couldn't get it worked out last night so Dan shipped me another MP3 director. As for the lighting ceremony, I guess you could say I was saved they ended up moving the entire event to one of the other displays so it wasn't the biggest of deals. I did do this display last year and it went very well with no problems.

Anyways, Dan and I are now just trying to work out the last problems, he is very helpful as usual.

Thanks Dan!

Zac