Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing for singing trees

David Spangler

I have singing trees in my display and I got my sequencing from Holiday Coro this year. I have been unable to find just plan old Christmas carols for the tree squences so I'm going to attempt to do my own for next year. I played with Papagayo a little bit but that seems labor intensive. Does anybody know of anything else that is used to sequence singing trees or is this something you just have to do totally manually? Or is there somewhere you can get the sequences for plane carols? Thanks and I hope everybody had a  good year. This was my first and my show turned out great for a first timer. Already started on next year. I'm hooked!

Some of the sequences at holidaycoro.com for sale I sequenced for them. As one who does alot of face sequences, I sware by papagayo. I used to do it manually and that took forever. Papagayo is so much faster and easier. What plain carols are you looking for, I might one or 2 in my collection.

Kenny Jure.

BobO:

I tried down loading the Papagayo updates 1.3.5.3 from your site and can't get the tree faces, the program keeps reverting to the 1.2 version. I was reading a post you had posted before and there were other people having the same problem and I can't find the post again. Do you remember where that post was? I was wondering if it is because I am running a 64 bit machine.

Thank you

BobO:

I tried down loading the Papagayo updates 1.3.5.3 from your site and can't get the tree faces, the program keeps reverting to the 1.2 version. I was reading a post you had posted before and there were other people having the same problem and I can't find the post again. Do you remember where that post was? I was wondering if it is because I am running a 64 bit machine.

Thank you

The 1.3.5.3 version was created as a .rar file.      Some people may need a different program to decompress it.  Extract to its own folder.  No desktop icon is created so you have to navigate to the folder and run papagayo.exe from there.

BobO:

The program to extract the file did it I got it working, THANK YOU! In your training video you mentioned the coro faces were available from a link to download, I hope I don't sound dumb but which link is that? Hope you had a great Holiday, Thanks again.

Kenny:

How did you get started with Papagayo, are there tutorials that are good out there?

Sorry I didn't respond back. Got busy and haven't been on here in a while. The answer to your questions is BobO And the good thing is BobO stepped in. You found all you need in Bob's Papagayo stuff. Those videos are the best. Good luck and remember, have fun with it.

Kenny

I am just trying to get started playing around with the software in hopes of having singing faces next year (brand new to lor and animation).  I was directed here from another decorating message board.  I would like to have Holiday Coro's snowman next year.  Does anyone have the snowman pics like there are for the trees to put into Papagayo?

I am about done with my first how to video for doing faces. If it is all right with you bob I would like to post it here.

Matt Stuart.

I am about done with my first how to video for doing faces. If it is all right with you bob I would like to post it here.

Matt Stuart.

Sure Matt! You are the expert and thanks for all your shared effort on mouth movements.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt, looking forward to your video being posted.  Do you have any idea when you will post it?   I'm working on my singing trees and thought your video would be of assistance since this is my first time sequencing.

Thanks,

Jim

I was thinking of trying the Jack Skeleton from Wireframe D Lights. Does anyone have a face for this that can be imported into Papagayo?

Maybe I bit off more than I can chew for my first year?  How to I export the file into the LOR clipboard?

Eric