Light-O-Rama Forums

Where Has LOR Support Gone???

jim st john

I posted an issue in the hardware forum 9 days ago, got 1 question from Dan, I answered, then no communication from him for the last week.

So is a phone call the best way to get support?

Remember, this is their very busy time of the year. Between getting orders out, finishing LOR II and preparing for the support they need for LOR II, they have their hands full. I have never actually used it, but I have heard that when you call them they are more then willing to help you and always get the problem fixed. I would try that.

Just a suggestion though,
Greg

Ponddude wrote:

Remember, this is their very busy time of the year. Between getting orders out, finishing LOR II and preparing for the support they need for LOR II, they have their hands full. I have never actually used it, but I have heard that when you call them they are more then willing to help you and always get the problem fixed. I would try that.

Interesting. I know most company's much prefer email contact since it generally takes less time to handle per customer case...

-Tim

I heard they were on a week-long party to celebrate the completion of LOR II... They wanted some long overdue time off, prior to releasing LOR II into the hands of inpatient users... ;)

It looks to me like the release of LOR II probably won't happen by the end of this year, and if it does it won't do most of us any good. In a week or two we will be done sequencing and have the show running. They should just focus on shipping all the last minute orders and then go like gangbusters to get LOR II done when the rush season is over.
Just my opinion.

Scott

I tend to agree. I very much doubt that LOR 2 will see the light of day anytime soon.
1) To release it now would invite a deluge of support calls during the busiest part of the year.

2) It's probably too late to be of much use for most people for this season.

3) Once they decide that 2007 is out, it takes the pressure off and they can take another 6 months if they need to without affecting too many customers.

I still remember when it was "promised" for 2006. Sounds very much like a 1-man development team.

I understand Dan's point of not announcing the release date until he is sure he can meet the date. However if it is not going to be out in the next couple of weeks PLEASE LET US KNOW. We may not need the actual release date, but it sure would be nice to know when it wont be released......

Since I had designed my display for the LOR II features of DMX and Video last year I have already found my workarounds and can limp through another year of waiting. But I would sure like to know If I have to use the workarounds now so I can modify my new sequences.

Dan:
1) will LOR II be released by the 23 Nov? yes, no, We on track for this date, unlikely

2) will it be released by Dec 2? Yes, No, Not likely, We on track for this date, Perhaps

2) will it be released by Dec 15? Yes, No, Not Likely, Perhaps

Please understand the answer does not hold you to the date, but your insights would put allot of minds at ease.

At this point I would be planning for the worst (LOR II no shippy) and hoping for the best (LOR II ships tomorrow).

That way your display will go on in the worst case, but you'll be ready for it when it comes. And this strategy requires no commitment/comment from LOR...

...although the imminently curious inside of me wants more information as well...

-Tim

Everything I've read about the LOR customer service has been top notch, and in the past I have had no problems getting answers to questions in a timely manner.

That what makes it seem even more strange that it's been nearly 2 weeks since Dan has posted on this forum. His last post was asking me the version# of my software, then poof.......

kevin wrote:

I heard they were on a week-long party to celebrate the completion of LOR II... They wanted some long overdue time off, prior to releasing LOR II into the hands of inpatient users... :D

Where is the party? We have been a bit busy...So busy that it seemd to me that I was on the forum just a day or two ago but time has flown.....