Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving channels from controller to other controllers

Tim Storey

I am having to cut way back on what I had planned to do. I was going to use all channels on 7 controllers. (LOR)

All of controller 1 (1602W - Master) and controller 2 are not going to be used now. The channels I want to use are on the other controllers, but they are not stand alone.

Is there a quick way to re-assign the channels I'm going to use to the first two controllers?

I am having to cut way back on what I had planned to do. I was going to use all channels on 7 controllers. (LOR)

All of controller 1 (1602W - Master) and controller 2 are not going to be used now. The channels I want to use are on the other controllers, but they are not stand alone.

Is there a quick way to re-assign the channels I'm going to use to the first two controllers?

Short answer: No.

The only to do this is go into the SE and either do it one of two ways, whichever you find easier.

#1. go into the Channel Configuarion list, click tools, then channel configuration, this will bring up your channel list where you can reselect the controller ID and channel 7 you want to reassign.

or

#2. You can click on a channel button {where the items description is and controller ID/Channel #} to bring up a pop up box and then reassign the channel to the controller and channel you want it on.

Unfortunately it will take time as each channel/controller has to be done one at a time, as far as I know there is no way to do a "batch conversion" to change more than one channel/controller at a time when reassigning channels and controllers within the SE.

Dang hit reply too soon, that 7 in my above response shouldn't have been there.  Should have been channels, not channel 7.   Darn no Edit button....

Is there any reason you need to change the channels? There is no reason you can't have a controller sitting there with little or even no channels in use. I am gathering that you were planning on downloading your show into the 1602 and running it from there, but now there will be channels in use on that controller. Just have the 1602 there to do nothing but control the show. If the situation will be the same next year, you can rearrange channels during the off season. No need to go through the extra work now while it's crunch time.

Is there any reason you need to change the channels? There is no reason you can't have a controller sitting there with little or even no channels in use. I am gathering that you were planning on downloading your show into the 1602 and running it from there, but now there will be channels in use on that controller. Just have the 1602 there to do nothing but control the show. If the situation will be the same next year, you can rearrange channels during the off season. No need to go through the extra work now while it's crunch time.

I think this is probably the least time consuming way. Another suggestion was to change the controller ID #'s, but I would still have to use Controller 1 just as the brain.