Light-O-Rama Forums

Pause at the beginning of some songs...

Avind

Does anyone have any difficulty with a short delay or pause at the beginning of some songs?  I have two sequences that start by flashing the first few frames of lights, then the audio kicks in and then both audio and lights synchronize and play normal for the rest of the song.  I have tried this both with and without the Lock Step function with the same results.  This has happened in every rendition of Wizards in Winter I have tried.  Any suggestions?

Sounds like a communication problem to me... we would need some more information from you about your setup to give a better guess at what to look at. How many controllers? Using a computer or DCMP3 to control the show? If computer what operating system? Etc.

If you're using a karaoke version of a song, the lyrics are stored in the first 5-8 seconds, causing a No Sound condition.

But Wizard of Winter is not one of them.

Using a sound editor (like Audacity), check to see if your MP3 file is CBR (Constant Bit Rate), not VBR (Variable Bit Rate).

Here is the information requested by Jim and Ken....  I have 6 controllers though this happened last year with only 4.  I am using the DCMP3 controller.  I do not know if the MP3 is CBR or VBR but will check with an appropriate program.  I will be looking up Audacity to see if I can acquire it.  I will post when I find out.  Thanks for the input so far!

Have you tried  EDIT   SKEW TRACK  (earlier)

That fixed it for me.  Else I have a sequence for Wizards that does not do this (not my work, I acquired it somewhere)

Regarding the Skew Track, what would be the most appropriate way of using this?  Do I skew it earlier or later?  I have not used this function but I would assume skewing it a bit later may work.  Let me know what you did to fix your difficulties.  Thanks!

Update.  i have tried everything suggested so far without success.  I still have a synchronization problem that causes a "pause" at the front of the song.  it is only for a few frames but it is persistent.  I have tried every communication speed both with and without lock step without success.  Skewing the tract causes the entire track to be off from the audio.  Still looking for ideas.  Can anyone advise?

I reread everything here, and I misread but I left the info below the *** 

I would assume you could skew LATER about 1 or 2 sec.   That starts the sequence, but there is a pause which -should- allow the lights and sound to be aligned.

Sorry for the delay, SKEW EARLIER should fix it.

NOTE!  The default is  0.5 seconds, which is very little and doubtful you would notice a change doing it just once.   Usually I have to change it to 1.0 sec and adjust from there.  You may have to SKEW several times to have everything line up right.

James