Light-O-Rama Forums

borrowing or buying sequence snyc with music 16ch.

bhunt240

Hello everyone I wanted to post in the newb section but it seems as my request or help I need is more fitting in this section...

I just purchased my starter kit friday and im awaiting it to come in I have a good idea of my layout im doing this year it will be fairly simple but iv seen quite a few videos of 16ch set up that are really impressive im assuming thats where the "quality or good sequencing" comes into play! Id love to do a few songs and have a little show, no one around me really does the animated light shows...

Ill get to the point im willing to pay someone to do a few sequences for me or use some old ones ones depending on the song's

I may be able to figure out the program being that I used to have my own home recording studio with sone fairly hard software to adapt to... but reading through the tip pages and tutorials it seems confusing, any and all help would be greatly appreciated! !!

Thanks guys

Blake the newb

There are plenty of sequences posted here for you to use, you will have to adapt them for your use(no matter how many channels). If you down loaded the software(license) you can get started now and don't have to wait for your starter kit to arrive to get started.  I learned by looking at sequences that were being shared here, played with them, and used the information posted here. Good Luck

Welcome Blake!

You might get lucky and find someone with the time, but custom sequencing is usually not very available this time of year.  I agree that downloading free existing sequences and working with them might be your best bet.

FYI - I can't speak for anyone else, but my yearly schedule for custom sequencing fills up pretty early - usually by April.  Lots of folks around these parts are already planning for 2014.  Just saying...

If it was me I would edit existing sequences fir tge first year.  You'll learn a lot.  And try to get most of the sequences from the same person or vendor.  good luck. 

Thanks everyone! Well my my controller shipped out and I have my first sequence done on 16ch to carol of the bells by august burns red it has taken me some time to get used to the program and remember what to do and what not to do....

Ill post a videk of the animated visualiser or I may just post a video when it is all hooked up and running.

Im hoping it looks good and full but not to choppy but not overdone lol im kinda ocd (good and bad at times)

Anyways my dad has a metal fab shop and I ordered all my 1/4" round rod to construct my 8 mini trees, today I bought PVC to frame in every window and door, and last but not least im building 4 fire sticks but will only be used as a flash or light bar rather than washing from end to end or using patterns bc im short on channel's this year.. but I am building them with 7ch per stick and pre wired so ill be ready for next year when I add a few more controlers!!

Hopefully all goes well and ill be posting on here a few more times id say hahaha

Thanks agn guys even to those who did not not respond this website is a wealth of knowledge and know how couldn't or or should I say I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for this forum

Thanks

Blake

PM me if you are interested in any of mine. you can view my site at www.santasliteshow.com, last year my display was 16 channel, this year moved on up to 48.

I posted a bunch of 32's here: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/29148-sequences-for-lor-with-32-channels/

I have learned that when liberating sequences from the internet that the basic software sometimes does not grab the channels you want when the poster has more than the four controllers which my Basic Plus software has.

Next year I am planning to upgrade my software to advanced and add more controllers.

With your starter package, you should be able to modify my sequences pretty easily.

I am doing at least two per day.

So I will post more on that same thread once completed.