Light-O-Rama Forums

Hide a group of channels?

Donl1150

I just purchased a sequence from LOR and am trying to adapt it to my layout.  It currently has 48 channels and I only have 32.  Is there a way to simply hide 16 of the channels so then I can focus on the 32 I have available as I try to slightly modify for my layout?  The reason I want to hide them rather than delete them is I may add another controller yet before I go live and don't want to lose their sequencing.

Don

Create a new track and copy them there and remove them from the original track.  Be sure to just delete from the track not delete the channel.

You can hide and/or ignore the other track now and not lose the programming...

The other simple tip:  Just keep a pristine copy of the original sequence, so you can always refer back to it should you need to draw from the previously unused channels of programming. 

There's an easier way.

Line up the channels adjacent to each other and then create a group.  (Right-click on the channel name at the top of your selected list.)  Name the group "Future" or something.  Do not select the leave existing channels option.  Once the channels are in a group all you have to do is collapse the group.

Edited by George Simmons

I agree with George on using the group option. 

That's what I did for my 2013 Halloween display when I downsized from 80 channels to 48 channels.  Just took the channels I wasn't using, put them in a group and just collapsed it.   So if I go back to 80 channels, everything is still in place and I just move the channels where I want them.