Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Chase Through RGB

TitanBry77

Hey all, searched all around here and haven't found much so maybe it's not possible.  Looking to chase a color within a color, so say I have a block of 80 pixels all Green, I'd like to run a red chase through it.  I can painstakingly do it manually cell by cell, but maybe I'm not using the right combination of tools or foreground/background settings etc, to do it easily?

Thanks

Build the first channel in the chase the way you want the entire thing to play out, then chase that.

Example: Green Cell | Red Cell | Green Cell ---> Then chase this across your pixels.

Bam!  I just tried it, you are the man, thank you!  I must have tried every possible way to chase a color within a color and all I could ever get was just white through any color.

I misinterpreted chase, what does the chase do exactly? I read the description but still isnt so clear. Is it that you use the same exact effect and just basically copy it to different channels? Thanks 

Think about your arches and wanting to make them come on and fade off from one end to the other. set up the way you want to make the first circuit chase ie. fade up for two tenths of a second then fade down for 1/4 second.. Now figure how long you want the chase to last Lets say 5 seconds. Turn on the chase and starting at the beginning of the fade pattern left click and hold your mouse and drag your mouse over and down to the final spot you want the chase to end whether it is the end of the first arch or the last segment of the last arch in the chase. LOR will copy the pattern to the end dividing the time in equal spaces even if you do not have a timing mark in that spot