Light-O-Rama Forums

Why is my timing off?

MVV123

hi guys,

I need help. I have LOR 3.8.0 advanced. When I'm using the sequence editor, with the play visible screen selected and I switch to play entire sequence the beat is off to the lights I asigned them to. Its off approximately a second. I'm running out of time. Help! 

See this PDF from LOR. You will need to run your audio file through Audacity. This will create a Constant Bit Rate MP3 file.

Here is information from a post on the forums (which I need to track down where it's at)

Your problem is that your MP3 is variable bit rate..  When you ask WMP to start a song 45.5 seconds into a song, it just takes the bit rate (or average bit rate for a variable bit rate file) and multiplies the bit rate by the requested time, and starts playing from there.   But when a file is variable bit rate, you may have cases where more bit rate is used late in the file than early, and this introduces these errors.  For most uses, it is accurate enough for windows media player.  When it counts like it does with LOR, you need absolute positioning accuracy.    If you use a constant bit rate file,  your timing marks will line up...  You can use audacity to re record the file as fixed bit rate MP3.

I've never had an issue with Audacity in all the years I've used it.   Perhaps its a conflict with something else you have running?

Where does it lock up exactly?

Does it display any errors?

Try disabling any Anti-Virus or Security software temporarily, just to see if that works. 

Send it to me I can run it through Goldwave. 

You could probably also use the software located at www.freemake.com.

It should convert your audio file to a constant bit rate one for you.

UPDATE:

Confirmed Freemake Video converter will convert your MP3 to a constant rate mp3.

Make sure you use the CUSTOM option when you install it! Otherwise it adds all kinds of junk to your pc.

Edited by NWSanta

Yes...had the same problem last year..this fixed it. Not so bad in the first 45 seconds but longer songs were driving me nuts...get the song straightened out and you will be on your way!