Light-O-Rama Forums

Have a sequence to share? Then share it!

stevedave1138

This may have been pointed out already, but....I'm not in any way putting any one down for their work but I have come accross many sequences shared with me that I never ended up using just do to the quality of work. I'm no expert but we are all at different levels when it comes to sequencing. sometimes i find myself spending more time trying to find good quality sequences to copy from rather than just begining from scatch.

I think the original thought is great but when there are no controls in place and free rain to share and download are available would just create choas.

For now I'm still good with sharing and PM'ing for things I would like.

Personally, I like the larger repositories. I wouldn't expect anyone to post music due to copyright laws. However, the sequences are a labor of love. They can give you an idea of what others have done and allow you to customize a song in a much shorter period of time.

What I'd love to see as a basic format would be song - artist - channels. However, I wouldn't criticize anyone who posted in a different format.

But a great thanks to all those who willingly share the work they have done! Especially James Morris who is always quick to help!

Many of my older sequences didn't have that info, mainly because when I started ripping from CD's to MP3 format for use with LOR, I didn't know about such software as MP3Tag and others tha would allow you to enter the artist name, album, and sobg title to embed it into the MP3, so many of my sequences do lack this info.

All my newer sequences, if I know it or better yet, hope it's embedded within the MP3 will show this info in the Sequence itself when loaded into the SE.   However, with that being said, I edit down and cut down my MP3's to a shorter time quite often, so the actual original MP3 music file will not fit my sequence correctly and can do some strange things to them if used.     This is why if someone has the song already and needs my modified version, I would make it avilable, because no two people are going to edit an MP3 in the same exact locations, and it's a real pain trying to get an unmodified MP3 music file to line up in a sequence that uses an extensively edited MP3.

I've tried designing my own, and either I have no creativity or patience, ....or both...but I really stink at it!  They cannot compare to the ones I purchased originally.  So I haven't used the ones I've attempted to make.   I have been able to improvise a few of the ones generously given to me, and though they weren't as good as the LOR ones, they still made people smile and that's what mattered to me.  I would LOVE to learn how to design these shows better, if anyone around Tampa Bay was willing to teach it (hint hint). 

So if anyone would like to share, sure I'll accept them gladly.  I only do Christmas shows due to Scrooge won't come out for Halloween and help me setup.   This old lady can't do it alone!   Thanks to those that share, and apologies to those that may think my method isn't the best.

I've tried designing my own, and either I have no creativity or patience, ....or both...but I really stink at it!  They cannot compare to the ones I purchased originally.  So I haven't used the ones I've attempted to make.   I have been able to improvise a few of the ones generously given to me, and though they weren't as good as the LOR ones, they still made people smile and that's what mattered to me.  I would LOVE to learn how to design these shows better, if anyone around Tampa Bay was willing to teach it (hint hint). 

So if anyone would like to share, sure I'll accept them gladly.  I only do Christmas shows due to Scrooge won't come out for Halloween and help me setup.   This old lady can't do it alone!   Thanks to those that share, and apologies to those that may think my method isn't the best.

Have you checked out this thread?  It may help you.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/25472-how-i-sequence/

Do other people's sequences help you with your display?  Seems to me that unless you have substantually the same props it might be more work to convert then to start from scratch.  So, anyway, I have shared my sequences in the past not really knowing if they did anyone any good..

Actually yes in a number of cases. The same props is not really an issue. Lets face it a 7-9 channel arch will work in a 7-9 channel mini tree setup. A 16 channel fan will work on a 16 channel tree. a 4 channel house flashing thing will work on a 4 channel Z- tree. I found a number of folks that sequence like I do & there sequences fit in real nice. Now this year I can use parts of "shared sequences" because this year my trees are off the wall ideas. The sequences  might work & look ok , but the trees are different than normal mega trees (I do not have a ccr tree yet, but I have a ccr matrix). My one tree is made of up 15 2ft artificial mini trees. 55 lights on each tree which is plenty..... they came with 20 lights & I added the rest. Each tree can be lighted individually & so I can do different things.....(it can be a 5 tier Z-Tree, make section look like smaller trees, or a growing tree) and so on.  So in this case I would need to see parts of other sequences to make it work. Anyhow the bottom point  "shared sequences" do help & especially in regards to timing marks etc. I sequences to drums, guitars, voice, trumpets & so on. In those cases I do all my own stuff & if needed I used shared sequences.

I may find it hard to share my ccr matrix sequences because they really do take up time to sequence.