Light-O-Rama Forums

Schematic for '07 Electrical Upgrade

DanielleCopeland

So, I had our electrician come out today. We discussed needs for '07 as well as future needs for '08. I know the bare minimum about electricity...just enough to be safe with operating LOR units. That's why our electrician reviews all our plans and has a watchful eye over us.

So, based upon my meeting with him, I drew up this diagram of our current situation as well as his proposed upgrades. His initial estimate is $300 for labor + material at cost (appx $150). This is a side job for him at the side job price. Regular price would be $840!

Does anyone want to give an opinion about cost, set-up, etc? It would really help to have some friends weigh in on this plan/cost. I might post on the PC forum too.

Looks good, But the dryer plug is unsafe. If you are going to make a cheater cord the Plug needs to be a 4-wire plug (neutral,ground,hot,hot). On my display I have a 30 amp twistlock plug in the shed that feeds a control unit in the front room. I also have a 4 wire twistlock cable that feeds a second distro. unit in the front room also. That gives me a total of 90amps to run my lights.

• 4 weeks later...

Question: Is this garage box the one for the whole house or just for a detached type garage? That looks like a lot of electric for a garage.

Now I added a panel just for lights. I can't tell if you're putting the outlets right at the box or not. I put the outlets outside and close to the load. Of course I had the ultimate side job price since I did it myself.