Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem playing shows

TraceWilson

I'm having an issue playing my first show this year. I put together an animated seq. that just cycles throught the colors of lights on the house. This show is to be 'filler' from sundown until the show starts.

I have the show running on my laptop (same one from last year, bought new last year for this purpose), running Windows XP Home. There is only 1 controller for the Halloween show, using all 16 channels.

I bring up the Hardware utility, and all the channels run fine. I bring up the sequence in Sqquence Editor and run it, and it runs fine. I click "Enable Shows" and nothing!!

I've tried rebooting, no good. Checked all the eventlogs and device manager, nothing. I'm ata loss on where to go next.

It seems I had this issue last year, but it 'magically' worked itself out.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated!!

Trace Wilson

Never mind...I figured it out!!!

The machine I built the shows on has the LOR sequences on the D: drive, but the laptop holds them on the C: drive. :shock::shock: Went in and deleted/readded the sequences to the shows, and all is working!!

While true, I'm a knuckle-head, in my defense, we did spend about 5 1/2 hours setting the lights up this afternoon :D:D

TraceWilson wrote:

I'm having an issue playing my first show this year. I put together an animated seq. that just cycles throught the colors of lights on the house. This show is to be 'filler' from sundown until the show starts.

I have the show running on my laptop (same one from last year, bought new last year for this purpose), running Windows XP Home. There is only 1 controller for the Halloween show, using all 16 channels.

I bring up the Hardware utility, and all the channels run fine. I bring up the sequence in Sqquence Editor and run it, and it runs fine. I click "Enable Shows" and nothing!!

I've tried rebooting, no good. Checked all the eventlogs and device manager, nothing. I'm ata loss on where to go next.

It seems I had this issue last year, but it 'magically' worked itself out.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated!!

Trace Wilson