Light-O-Rama Forums

Bit of a personal problem

Chris B

So I got bit by the Christmas lighting bug last year and set up a display. It turned out okay, almost 100 percent superstar auto sequenced. Now onto the personal part of it.... My 4 kids and I were really looking forward to a nicer display this year and do our own custom sequencing. Unfortunately my wife has asked me for a divorce and its absolutely killing me. I'm wondering if anyone will share any of there sequences with me, so I can still provide a little of enjoyment for the kids. I only have led lights, no fancy rgb or anything like that. I have 8 mini trees that I made from tomato cages with 1 channel red and 1 channel green. 4 leaping arches with 8 segments to each arch in both red and green. 1 Mega tree with 28 strands of lights and a 3 channel tree topper. The last thing I have is a 3 channel Bethlehem star that may not go up this year. If anyone would share I would appreciate it. This personal stuff is very mind consuming, ive lost 20 lbs and my performance at work is starting to suffer. Again any help is appreciated!!  Thanks and sorry for such a long post.

Chris

First off, you never need to qualify or worry as to why you are looking for sequences to be shared...very very few people start entirely from scratch...at least in the beginning...even cribbing from others sequences takes a lot of time as you will have to taylor things to match up to your elements...the key is to find specific aspects of sequences that you like that also can be molded to yours...example:  find somone who has sequenced a song you like and also has 8 channel arches like yours...even if they only have one or 2 arches sequenced, you can simply spread the sequencing amongst your four, or slave 2 to the other two...etc...

Same thing with your minis and you mega tree...you may not find someone with the exact channel count (i.e they might have 10 minis sequenced....then you just unifiy mini channels 1-2 and 9-10 into two single channels in your display and presto, you have reduced a 10 channel mini sequence and made it into an 8...it wont be perfectly like the one before it, but it will hit the downbeats and not require your to figure things out from scratch for sure...

Or look for someone who has a 16 or 32 channel mega tree...which can easily be copied and used for your arches...

Send me your email via a PM and I will send you more sequences than you know what to do with....

But dont stop there....gather from others...google around...this community is amazing for sharing and helping...there are tons of sequences just out there waiting for people to learn from them...

-Regards,

Chris

So I got bit by the Christmas lighting bug last year and set up a display. It turned out okay, almost 100 percent superstar auto sequenced. Now onto the personal part of it.... My 4 kids and I were really looking forward to a nicer display this year and do our own custom sequencing. Unfortunately my wife has asked me for a divorce and its absolutely killing me. I'm wondering if anyone will share any of there sequences with me, so I can still provide a little of enjoyment for the kids. I only have led lights, no fancy rgb or anything like that. I have 8 mini trees that I made from tomato cages with 1 channel red and 1 channel green. 4 leaping arches with 8 segments to each arch in both red and green. 1 Mega tree with 28 strands of lights and a 3 channel tree topper. The last thing I have is a 3 channel Bethlehem star that may not go up this year. If anyone would share I would appreciate it. This personal stuff is very mind consuming, ive lost 20 lbs and my performance at work is starting to suffer. Again any help is appreciated!!  Thanks and sorry for such a long post.

Chris

Edited by etherealone

send me your email.

My first year I had

8 mini trees, 2 colors so 16 channels

4 arches, 4 channels each for 16 channels

16 channel 1 color mega tree.

Sounds like my first years sequences will be right up your alley.