Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating a Musical Sequence

jakeschmidt23

I am trying to creating a musical sequence for the first time but every time that choose a song, it says that it doesn't recognize that type of file.  I have tried a mp3 version, and a wav version but they both had the same message. I'm not sure what is going on because whatever I try it doesn't work.  

What version of LOR are you using?

What does the error message say? I know you said it says it doesn't recognize that type of file, but I mean what does it say exactly, word for word, in full?

Could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) a copy of a problematic song file? Please make sure to clearly reference this thread in the email that you send.  Thanks.

I am using version 3.10.6 of LOR advanced.

The error message says, 'The media file: C:\Users\others\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Skrillex\Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites\01 Rock 'n' Roll (Will Take You to t.mp3  is not recognized as a valid media file. You will need to select a different file.

Thanks for your response.

Hmm... it's working OK for me.  A couple suggestions (I don't know if either will help):

(1) You might want to try converting it to a different format (I know you said you've tried both mp3 and wav, but perhaps try another).

(2) You might want to try upgrading to the most recent beta version (3.10.12, just released to beta today).  The recent beta cycle has introduced several improvements for media handling (compared to 3.10.6); I don't know if any of them will help with your issue, but it might be worth a shot.

I chose which song I want, then the window pops up that asks about who the author timing and such, then when I click create/ok, a different window pops up saying that it failed to load WMP. So the sequence never actually gets created but before I never had the the first information window popping up so it's getting closer.

Could you please let me know the message exactly, word for word, in full? Also, it probably says something in the title bar of the error message too; please let me know what that says also (exactly, word for word, in full).  Thanks.

It says, "Failed to load control 'WindowsMediaPlayer' from wmp.dll.  Your version of wmp.dll may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

No clue what this means.

title bar says, 'error creating musical sequence'

What operating system are you using?

I think the first thing I would try would be a "repair" of Light-O-Rama (from your computer's Add/Remove Programs).  Before doing so, make sure that all your running programs are closed, especially LOR programs, and not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel (which is the little light bulb icon in your computer's system tray - you can close it by right clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open).

The uninstall and re install didn't work, so i tried a windows update. Everything was up to date, so i took my computer to the IT department at my University.  They figured out that, one of the anti-virus software were preventing the program from loading correctly. Now it is working fine and I cna start making some awesome new sequences!

Thanks for all of your help.

Jacob