Light-O-Rama Forums

How to get an RGB color I already used.

Nonick22

I have a few RGB channels in my display this year.   I have used the custom color tool to get the colors just right.   However the saved customn colors and my clipboard are empty after i reload the software.  Now I have a few colors in my display that i want to reload into the color tool so I can fade them to other colors or shimmer them.   How can i find out the color data that i used?

I know if i hover my mouse over the color it will tell me the % of red green and blue used.   but I can not put this in the custom data section since i do not know the hue, sat or lum of that color.    Please help me.

I have tried that.   and I do not get the correct color. 

I did figure it out for anyone else that may be looking.   the % shown in the screen is really a fraction of 255.   so for my color it shows 85% red and 26% Green.   If i put in 85/26/0  I do not get the right color.   if i take 255 * .85  = 216.75 and 255 * .26 = 66.3.  now i take thoes numbers  and put in 217 for red and 66 for green then i get the right color.  It would be nice to have a sampling tool that you can pick any other color and have it in the color fader when it opens.