Light-O-Rama Forums

looking for some ideas for between songs

robo

Last year I ran some sound bites from xmas vaca, elf, etc.. Looking for some ideas for this year's show. What do you guys do? Thanks in advance

I personally don't run anything inbetween songs because I want people to see the set and move on since road space is limited.   I do run a be good to our neighbors thing between song sets and that takes about 20 seconds I think. 

I even cut my song list down to 3-4 songs so the traffic doesn't get too crazy..

being my second year. I don't think that traffic will a big issue. I run 30 to 45 second soundbites to add some comedy to the show. I got some great feedback last year.

Talk to Kevin over at the Demented Elf site(thedementedelf.com) ...for a VERY nominal fee, he will create professional and personalized "drops/bumpers" that you can sprinkle throughout your show...included in there will be ones about respecting your neighbors, he can create promos that let folk know what the display hours of operation are, funny ones and even a show opening and closing if you want it...

I run a 24/7 radio station when the show isnt running during the holidays (using Zara) and people honestly think it is a "real" radio" broadcast...Which of course, it kinda is!  I have about 4-500 holiday songs from my personal collection and just randomly play them with the drops mixed in along with his time and temperature inserts for good measure...

And in case anyone is wondering, I run a 2 hour show...over 40 songs sequenced with 9-10 bumpers sprinkled in...there is zero silence in my show...I do this so that I get repeat visitors (people catch a few songs and then come another night to catch others)...and yes, I could not run this length of show if I didnt take a VERY active role in managing traffic flow...Im out there every night, keeping things moving, handing out candy canes, making sure the driveways arent blocked...

Edited by etherealone