Light-O-Rama Forums

Need to finish a sequence - will pay $200

LouisMayer

I created a mix for this years show and did a good chunk of the sequencing.  I hired a guy that did 1 song for me last year and he committed to finishing what I started so I could work on props, etc.  Just got an email that he got a full time job and just ran out of time.  I would like someone to finish for me.  The only thing I ask is that this show not be used this year.  This is my final year to do this elaborate of a show.  I am wiring the whole street.  This show has serious special effects like, Fog, Lasers, movable spot lights, Fire Projection machines (mounted high of course), spiral tree, roof grid, etc.  The show is 192 channels, not including the DMX portion.  Looks like I have around 14 more minutes of programming to do.  It jumps around in the mix to what I had already done from some previous shows etc.  But when there is nothing happening on a different song - that is your clue to program that piece of the mix.  If I started a song, it was finished.  Different styles of programming is okay - It is a mix - shake it up a little.

The mix is Rudolf convincing Santa that he needs some Jammin tunes on Christmas Eve Night.  So he is flipping through the radio station to find the right songs.  Christmas songs mixed in with top 40 songs mixed in with movie clips.

anyways you can email me at Louis@bcthouston.com

please show me something you have done before

I would like to have this finished in 2 weeks.

thanks,

Louis

I was told one time that a rule of thumb for programming time is 1 hour per minute of music per 16 channel controller.

You will have 12 controllers times 14 minutes.

That's 168 hours of programming.  If you think that estimate is too high, cut it in half.

So you need 84 hours of work done for $200?  $2.38 an hour.

No thanks.

My thoughts exactly...

I was told one time that a rule of thumb for programming time is 1 hour per minute of music per 16 channel controller.

You will have 12 controllers times 14 minutes.

That's 168 hours of programming.  If you think that estimate is too high, cut it in half.

So you need 84 hours of work done for $200?  $2.38 an hour.

No thanks.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

I over estimated the time - this was the quote I had from someone else - did not mean to offend anyone

I just used his quote when I put this post - he did one last year and it was good, so I was using him again - I think he is a student

however, Someone is handling it - I wish I could figure out how to remove this post.

thanks,