Light-O-Rama Forums

Playing files in Mini Director

litnup

Are you just copying the LMS file{s} directly to your SD Card?   If Yes, that WILL NOT WORK!   

You have to use the Hardware Utility {HWU} or Simple Show Builder {SSB} to put the files on your SD card because these two programs/utilities are what converts the files to be used by the LOR Director units.  They will have an extension of .SEQ and the .MP3 files will also be copied at the same time, in essence pairing the two together so they work seamlessly together.  And NO, you CAN NOT rename the .LMS file to .SEQ as the software/utilities change the embedded info, the .LMS file goes through some modification and conversion so it can be read and used by the Director unit.

That is the ONLY way to get your sequences on your SD Card, then insert into your Director unit and everything should then work.

Good Luck!

I use the older LOR DC-MP3 Showtime Director and the Mini-Director is basically the same unit, just without the built in clock.   Been using mine close to over 3 years now.

Edited by Orville

When I load up the simple show builder, none of my files are on there, how do I get them to be there?

The Simple Show Builder will only see files that you have stored in the "Sequences" directory. It does not see sub-directories within the Sequences directory, nor sequences you may have stored elsewhere on your computer.

Here is a little more information about the topic.

To reset your directory (as mentioned in article above) see here.

When I load up the simple show builder, none of my files are on there, how do I get them to be there?

This is why I recommend and use the LOR Hardware Utility instead of the SSB.  The HWU will allow you to "browse" to wherever your sequence files are located and load them.  Once loaded and organized, if you want to reorganize them, then save the show as Show01, this will write the files to your SD Card from ANY directory or subdirectory as long as you "browsed" to the location you saved them too.

As Don stated above, the SSB WILL NOT allow you to browse to your sequence files, but you could create the default directory it's looking for and then copy your sequence files there to use the SSB.  Example, I think the default directory is something like C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences

If you do not have such a directory, you can create it{them} and then move your sequences to the sequences directory, then the SSB should be able to locate them, however, you may/may not {I'm not sure at the moment} also have to create an Audio directory and put your sequence MP3 files in it for the SSB to find them.  I think the original LMS sequence files will locate the MP3 files from within and copy them from any directory, but I'm not saying this may or may not be the case.   I haven't used the SSB for years now, I only used it back when I started in Dec. 2009.

Again, this is why I, and probably most others here that use any of the LOR Director units will usually recommend the HWU, it's just a lot simpler to get things on the SD card.  Mainly because it has a few more bells and whistles the SSB doesn't, which in my opinion definitely makes it easier and more practical to use the LOR HWU to create your shows.

Edited by Orville