Light-O-Rama Forums

What's your favorite tip or technique?

FarrOut

I'm a newby, this is my first year.

I have 64 channels and am hard at work sequencing.  I've got three songs done, and want to have seven more by the end of September. 

I am pretty much just going square by square and filling in channels in time with the music.  I highlight the squares I want then press the D key for fade down, etc.

I am sure there are easier ways to do this, I've watched the tutorials, but I don't get much from them.

Do any of you use the various wizards?

Thanks in advance.

My wrist is getting sore.

Dennis

Edited by FarrOut

I often recycle my shows, and unfortunately i always add things.  What i did last time seemed to work really well.

1. Open a new sequence and the old sequence together.

2. With both windows open, put the old on on top and the new one on the bottom.

3. At the very first timing mark, turn it on.  This way you can keep track of what you cut and paste to the new sequence.

4. Copy the entire channel line, eg Deer 1 to the end of that line - horizontally.  Do a control-X - this cuts the line.

5. Do a control-V this pastes that line in the new sequence.

6. Repeat for the remainder of the sequence, until all the old is now in the new.

7. Save the new sequence as name - year.   This will not over-write the original sequence.

8. Change the first timing mark to the original setting.  Refer to your original sequence settings.

This way you can keep track of what you pasted into the new sequence and you really don't have to line up the channels two to match exactly.  When done do not save the old sequence.  This way you always have the old one to compare.  I never delete any old sequences so I can refer to them at another time.

Hope this helps some out there.....

Favorite tip is Tri-Tip.. show cooked.  ;)

Favorite technique???  Is this the right web site for that???   :o:P

You have the right site for tri-tips, ribs, chicken and seafood.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I discovered the tapper wizard.  I think it's taking about half the time to do a sequence from scratch than before.

So, I discovered the tapper wizard.  I think it's taking about half the time to do a sequence from scratch than before.

I haven't used the tapper wizard ever since they came out with the beat wizard.

Another neat little trick is when you do a fade on a channel and you want to repeat it down a consecutive set of channels, in stead of copy and paste, highlight the bank of channels you want the particular fade on and use the chase button (or hit the "H" key).  This will in effect copy the fade down the columns.