Light-O-Rama Forums

Non RGB Mega Tree "glow effect"

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I didn't see anything in search. What I am thinking of doing for next years show is to sequence "My Christmas Tree" from the Home Alone sound track. The Christmas tree will be my 16 channel Mega Tree and part of the song mentions the glow from the branches. Any idea on making regular LED light strings do a glow/twinkle effect slower than using the twinkle tool in SE? What I'm thinking is either alternating the intensity and/or fading alternating strings. I'm planning on having 4 strings per channel with 4 colors of red. blue, green and white. I appreciate any advise.  

Thanks,

Al

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the link. That's exactly what I was thinking. Is this your display? If so how did you make the glow/slow twinkle effect?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al,

Yep, that is my display.  But I cannot take credit for that 'glow' effect.  I owe that to Richard Holdman.  ;)

It is just pretty quick fades 100% -> 25% -> 100% with each channel starting at staggered times.

glow_zps65b98114.jpg

Hi Lori,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for the info and the section of SE. That really helps. BTW, awesome display!

Thanks,

Al

I can't view it - "...blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Can you re-post on Vimeo?

I don't have a Vimeo account yet, but I'll try to create one and post it tonight.