Light-O-Rama Forums

music in between sequences

jck46

Yes, select your song, put it into a sequence just don't turn any lights on. Insert this "sequence" between your lighted ones and you now have a musical pause between lighted songs.

Yes, select your song, put it into a sequence just don't turn any lights on. Insert this "sequence" between your lighted ones and you now have a musical pause between lighted songs.

Is this also the best way to add an audio message?  Record it as a music track, don't turn on any lights and play it.  Is an audio track with no lights turned on a very fast load and play vs one with lights also?

Its also pretty neat to create the "intermission" with the lights on at half power.  If you have a mega tree you can change the colors during it.  I have about a 2-3 minute intermission between shows that I use this method.  I have a 5 legged candy cane tree that I use as a count down indicator so I know when the show will start.

Is this also the best way to add an audio message?  Record it as a music track, don't turn on any lights and play it.  Is an audio track with no lights turned on a very fast load and play vs one with lights also?

There is an option in the Show Editor (Options Button) that will determine when the sequence(s) will load. If you choose to have all loaded before any of them are played, then you won't notice any lag between sequences*. 

Unless you are starting out with 1000's of RGB channels, you shouldn't have anything to worry about when it comes to sequence load times.

*Unless you are the OCD type, but I digress.

I do not believe that is possible.  The animation sequence is just for a static - no music - sequence.  You are better off just using the musical sequence.

There is an option in the Show Editor (Options Button) that will determine when the sequence(s) will load. If you choose to have all loaded before any of them are played, then you won't notice any lag between sequences*. 

Unless you are starting out with 1000's of RGB channels, you shouldn't have anything to worry about when it comes to sequence load times.

*Unless you are the OCD type, but I digress.

Thanks,  I will have 200 RGB's and 64 channels this year.  Next year plans are for another 32 channels, and possibly 48.