Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights all on in show pauses

Herbaclaus

Ok. I was wondering how I would incorporate periods of time where my lights are on but I actually dont have a sequence running. Lets say....I have a 30 minute show and a 10 minute break before the next itteration of the show.

How do we do that? Im using the G3 MP3 so its got to be a sequence I guess? Or does the show editor allow for that.

And I am sort of brain storming as I write this......I might want to have the light do slow fades during that period. So what should I do....use like a 10 minute media file of silence? And then just dim and scroll the lights as I want?

Herb

You can create an animation sequence that doesn't require an mp3. Just set the time you want it to run and import your channel config. I'm not sure how to set it in the show editor though.

I have my tune to sign set as an animation sequence but it stays on during the entire show. I'm sur someone who knows will chime in.

I think you can setup an animation sequence to run at the end of your show for "x" number of minutes, then pause and start your show again at the next scheduled time.

Ahhhh. Ok when I get home tonight I will check that out. Using the simple show builder it did not allow me much flexibility last year. But I upgraded my software in January.

Yeah use the show editor, it has several different tabs to choose from. I'm not sure if it will let you choose an .las file under the musical tab where the .lms files are located. I think there is an animation tab but I have never used it. I have my tune to sign running a .las file and selected under the background tab which is like I said, on the entire show. I'm sure we can figure it out.

I use the hardware utility to write my shows to an SD card.  I don't use the newer G3, have the previous unit, but should work the same way, set your show up under the MP3 tab in the HWU, click the option Plays during selected times and set your day and times for your show, next click the option repeat the show and select which option you need, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes or Every Hour from the drop down box.  Under that is an area that asks: "Action to take between hourly shows", there are 3 options: "Lights Off", "Lights On" or "Filler Seq"{uence}, choose filler seq and select the animation sequence you created for between your shows, depending on the times set to run your shows in the other section, when the last musical sequence ends depending on which time factor 10, 15, 30 minutes or hourly, after that your filler sequence should run between your shows.

Even though it says "Action to take between hourly shows", the HWU if 30 minutes is selected will run your filler sequencer between each show at the 30 minute mark, and will play the sequence for however long you create it for.

All I can say is experiment with times and a filler sequence to try and set your times so your show runs when you want it, and the filler runs when you need it, and for the duration you need it for.   It's the only real way to try and set up what you're attempting to do.    I use it this way and it works on my older DC-MP3 Showtime  Director unit, and don't see why it shouldn't work the same on the G3 unit.

Good Luck and hope this make some semblance of sense to help you get it worked out.

Thanks Orville! Thats the answer I think I needed. I read somewhere that to do a sequence you needed a media file (like of silence) to merge with the sequence. I will try it out tonight.

Herb

Thanks Orville! Thats the answer I think I needed. I read somewhere that to do a sequence you needed a media file (like of silence) to merge with the sequence. I will try it out tonight.

Herb

Yes, I thought the same thing originally, but after having my older unit for almost 3 years and using it, found out I didn't need to create a silent musical sequence, albeit there are times that the silent MP3 option actually does work out better than doing it the way I outlined above.  Both will work just fine.

You can create say a 10 minute MP3 with nothing in it, or one for however long you need, then you just place that silent musical file as the last musical sequence in your show list or in the HWU musical list, set your showtimes and let the MP3 unit do its thing.

It's whatever works out best and what you feel most comfortable with.  I use the silent MP3 file option myself as that is how I initially set my DC-MP3 Showtime Director up with and it's worked out well for me for 3 years.

Again, all depends on what and how you want to do it.  Again, both methods work very well, but in all reality I actually prefer the silent MP3 file, but, again, probably because that's how I started doing it in the first place thinking like you, the MP3 Director HAD to use an MP3 file.   And then find out almost 3 years later, I could have done it a different way.  But at least now there are two ways to do this, instead of only one.    So I guess that accounts for something, right? :lol:

Edited by Orville