Light-O-Rama Forums

Need some help finding audio to purchase for sequence

SparkDr

Downloaded a 16 channel sequence for Disney's "Believe...in Holiday Magic" from the following link: http://majorleagueshows.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=42&func=startdown&id=135.  From what I have learned, the song is also known as "Can You Remember".  I'm trying to find a source to purchase the mp3 version of the song in order to respect the music & keep everything legit.  Personal ethics prevent me from downloading it for free from any number of 3rd party sites or converting it from youtube.  At the same time, I won't begrudge anyone who uses these resources. I'm just about out of options and may have to drop the idea from my show if the forums can't help.  The link shows the song as being from the Disney Holiday Magic album released sometime between 1999-2001 and was available for purchase at the Disney park stores.  The only CD I have found of it thus far is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Resort-Holiday-Magic-Album/dp/B0041OU90M for $199.99, so needless to say, I won't be ordering that one.  I'd appreciate any help I can get to track down a legitimate purchase download or even a reasonably priced CD.  

Downloaded a 16 channel sequence for Disney's "Believe...in Holiday Magic" from the following link: http://majorleagueshows.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=42&func=startdown&id=135.  From what I have learned, the song is also known as "Can You Remember".  I'm trying to find a source to purchase the mp3 version of the song in order to respect the music & keep everything legit.  Personal ethics prevent me from downloading it for free from any number of 3rd party sites or converting it from youtube.  At the same time, I won't begrudge anyone who uses these resources. I'm just about out of options and may have to drop the idea from my show if the forums can't help.  The link shows the song as being from the Disney Holiday Magic album released sometime between 1999-2001 and was available for purchase at the Disney park stores.  The only CD I have found of it thus far is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Resort-Holiday-Magic-Album/dp/B0041OU90M for $199.99, so needless to say, I won't be ordering that one.  I'd appreciate any help I can get to track down a legitimate purchase download or even a reasonably priced CD.  

have you searched iTunes or Amazon for the individual songs you want?

Did an extensive search for this song, sorry, but it appears to be "out of print" and the only way you're going to get it is either pay the exorbitant fee to buy the CD or use a program from a site like DVDVideoSoft using their FREE YouTube to MP3 software to get it.

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to get and use a song.

Example: Come Little Children from the Disney movie: Hocus Pocus IS NOT available for sale anywhere, it was never released on the CD Soundtrack, so I own the DVD movie and just recorded the song from the movie to my computer, edited it for my Halloween Display and use about a minute of the song in my display.   It was the ONLY way I could get the song.   So when it's not available or goes out of print, sometimes, even though it also goes against my belief, like you, I wanted to BUY the full song, it wasn't available.

So you sometimes have to just convert the song from other sources, if available, to get and use it in instances like this.  As I would never pay $199+ for a CD just to get a single song.  That's just downright usury as far as I am concerned.  But that's MY opinion, others may and possibly will differ.

have you searched iTunes or Amazon for the individual songs you want?

When I searched for it, all I could find were the versions by the Loving Spoonful or some kind of remixes {not the original song content}.   And I checked a LOT of places and did a secondary search of many music sites {legal ones that is, as I could find it listed in my searches on "Pirate" sites}.

Seems it is out of print and not available anywhere through "legal" channels at this time.

Thanks for the help thus far, guys.  Even though the prospects aren't looking so good, your help is certainly appreciated.  I'm still surfing through every search imaginable and have even thrown a feeler email through Disney Music in hopes of catching a break.  I'll keep you posted if I make any progress.