Light-O-Rama Forums

Best channel layout for Vert/Horiz color changes

Snowwalker

Welcome Snowwalker.

I think more details are needed in order to provide any answers.

Are you talking RGB?  A specific type of display element?  are you talking changes across an entire display?

Steve

I will have regulat LOR channels and RGB.  I have several displays that change color across the entire display. I am interested in how they are sorted to do the sequencing of the scene.

Thanks

Jon

I'm not 100% sure on what you are asking , but in sequencing, I do my color sweeps primarily horizontal, Left to right an back again. I do try to make the vertical happen as well, but never seems to work as well, I think its a visual perception thing.

I'm not sure of the question either, but I use different tracks to create different channel  lists.   My main track typically runs top to bottom to match my display pieces / parts.  I add tracks and change channel  order.  ( By my definition, display means all my lights- so I don't know what  the OP means by several displays). 

I'll try to be clearer.  Is there a better way to arrange the channels in the channel config area. Are tracks similar to virtual channel groups? Can I copy and paste a red rgb channel into a track for left red or middle red,etc. That way I could sequence all left red channels together or all middle red channels. Also can a channel be in more than one group or track of a sequence?   I am looking for the easiest way to sequence by color or location.

Thanks for the replies,

I'll try to be clearer.  Is there a better way to arrange the channels in the channel config area. Are tracks similar to virtual channel groups? Can I copy and paste a red rgb channel into a track for left red or middle red,etc. That way I could sequence all left red channels together or all middle red channels. Also can a channel be in more than one group or track of a sequence?   I am looking for the easiest way to sequence by color or location.

Tracks were invented in previous versions of the LOR software before groups were.  In many respects they can both be used for a lot of the same things.  Having said that, however, I'd recommend you work with groups because they're so much easier to work with.

Yes, channels can appear in many different tracks or groups, but make sure that you're working with COPIES of channels as opposed to DUPLICATES.