Light-O-Rama Forums

God Rest Sequence?

TheUltimate

Okay, so I'm working on my first song completely sequenced by me (no copy paste work). I have a good start on this song (I think) but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do during the bridge guitar solos. I have attached a video of the visualization for what I have now. Comments and suggestions for any part of the sequence are appreciated but being this is my first one please be gentle, I bruise easy :)

http://youtu.be/THbG5HA3mdQ

Thanks!

People who bruise easily shouldn't go around asking for abuse.

You're the only one who knows if it looks the way you want it to. 

For what it's worth, there's a bit too much flashing for my taste.  (Try using your spinners to spin and your mini trees to chase every now and then.) 

No matter how it turns out, save a copy of the "finished" sequence for posterity.  Seriously.  A couple of years from now it will help to keep you centered to take a look at it every once in a while.  

George, I live on the edge :). Thanks for the feedback, any thoughts on the bridge sections from the video where nothing is going on? That is the section that is troubling me.

I know not everyone is going to like what I like, but being new to this hobby I don't want to produce anything that will turn the masses away either.

For clarification... you mention a "bit" too much flashing.... Do you mean a lot too much flashing or just tone it down a little?

I would cut the long guitar solo out of the song. 40 seconds of screamin guitar is a little much for a Christmas display IMHO. But that's just me.

Edited by Santas Helper

Santas Helper, thank you for the suggestion. That would also cut it down to 2 minutes which is what I'm shooting for anyway. Would you fade out right before that last guitar solo?

Santas Helper, thank you for the suggestion. That would also cut it down to 2 minutes which is what I'm shooting for anyway. Would you fade out right before that last guitar solo?

I would chop the solo out and keep the end of the song still keeping the timing around 2 minutes.

Guest Don Gillespie

I agree with both George and Tom use your mini trees to your advantage, you could create all kinds of movement with them and yes get rid of the guitar solo, but looks pretty darn good otherwise

from a newbie, i have to ask what program lets you plan your display ?

thanks

de

Dan

Dan, can you further explain your question?

LOR has what you need to plan a layout. It's all in one program.

Dan, can you further explain your question?

LOR has what you need to plan a layout. It's all in one program.

Tom, in the video at the beginning of this post TheUltimate used some type of program to plan his display,

what program and where do i locate it  ?

thanks

The program is in the LOR S3 software. It's called the visualizer which is part of the suite when you get the software. You can use a picture of your house and draw out your layout assigning LOR channels to the various elements. That way you can know what your display will look like before setting it up.

I use a screen capture program (not LOR based) to capture the visualization window and then upload it to youtube so I can share it like I did here.

I hope that answers your question... If I got too elementary please don't think I was trying to be condescending. I just don't know how much you know :)

The program is in the LOR S3 software. It's called the visualizer which is part of the suite when you get the software. You can use a picture of your house and draw out your layout assigning LOR channels to the various elements. That way you can know what your display will look like before setting it up.

I use a screen capture program (not LOR based) to capture the visualization window and then upload it to youtube so I can share it like I did here.

I hope that answers your question... If I got too elementary please don't think I was trying to be condescending. I just don't know how much you know :)

thank you , that is what i was looking for , not ready for that yet , some day i hope, have a good weekend,

de

Dan

Thanks again for all of the suggestions. I finally finished my first song for 2013... Now on to song two... My goal is 20 but some of those will be reworks of songs from last year.