Light-O-Rama Forums

Flipping an effect in Sequence Editor

caniac

thought there was a ItsMeBobo util but unless I misread the web site it doesn't do that.

To use a simple example what I am looking for is a simple way to flip an effect within sequence editor, say for instance I am doing a chase that starts with channel 1 and ends in 16 and spans 10 seconds. I want to be able to flip that and have the effect start the next chase in channel 16 and back up to 1.

Have seen several multichannel effects that others have done but would love to be able to flip it.

thought there was a ItsMeBobo util but unless I misread the web site it doesn't do that.

To use a simple example what I am looking for is a simple way to flip an effect within sequence editor, say for instance I am doing a chase that starts with channel 1 and ends in 16 and spans 10 seconds. I want to be able to flip that and have the effect start the next chase in channel 16 and back up to 1.

Have seen several multichannel effects that others have done but would love to be able to flip it.

Bob's utility DOES do that!! Flips, mirrors...did you download it and try it?

Used it quite a bit last month...

Clipboard Flipper: http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

Edited by jimswinder

so you copy the sequence section to the clipboard and have it flip it and then copy back?

yep....just that easy

you may have to use a few of the different combinations to figure out which way works the way you want it flipped...

Edited by jimswinder

yep....just that easy

you may have to use a few of the different combinations to figure out which way works the way you want it flipped...

got the sequence up and highlight the channels and section of the sequence I want to flip but Clipboard Flipper wants a file? don't see anywhere in SE to save or export the clipboard to a file. Am I just having a Senior moment?

got the sequence up and highlight the channels and section of the sequence I want to flip but Clipboard Flipper wants a file? don't see anywhere in SE to save or export the clipboard to a file. Am I just having a Senior moment?

do you have S3? Just save it as you would any other clipboard and name it...then using the flipper, find that file...

do you see the "tool" in the upper left hand corner..under the "track" button? Put your mouse over that to have the Tools and Clipboard Subpanel come out

If you have never used the Clipboard feature, then go to the HELP file and do a search on Clipboard.

You can then find your "Saved" clipboards under LOR>Clipboards...those are the files the "Flipper" is looking for

Edited by jimswinder

do you have S3? Just save it as you would any other clipboard and name it...then using the flipper, find that file...

do you see the "tool" in the upper left hand corner..under the "track" button? Put your mouse over that to have the Tools and Clipboard Subpanel come out

If you have never used the Clipboard feature, then go to the HELP file and do a search on Clipboard.

You can then find your "Saved" clipboards under LOR>Clipboards...those are the files the "Flipper" is looking for

I am on 3.9.0 and see the clipboard drop down but don't see anything saved when I go to look with flipper. Also using advance license.

I am on 3.9.0 and see the clipboard drop down but don't see anything saved when I go to look with flipper. Also using advance license.

then you aren't really saving it to the clipboard..did you read the "Help" on how to save to the clipboard?

Where you see the Clipboards in the SE interface, put your mouse over the active clipboard, the one with the dot next to it. Do a RMB >Save Clipboard. Then go to the Flipper and look for the file.

I used this extensively this year. A great Utility.

The only beef I have is that after you IMPORT a clipboard into LOR, the SE should automatically make the imported clipboard the default.

I had to break down and read the help on the clipboards themselves. After that I still could not get the tool to work until checking the "Flip Fades" box in the Clipboard Flipper. I just did a few simple fade and chase flips but it worked as expected. My reverse fades should be much more accurate now.

Thanks