Light-O-Rama Forums

printing sequence

ksmith247

If you're talking about the actual window where you do the actual programming for the sequence and are wanting to print that out just as you see it on screen in the SE, unfortunately, that answer would be no.

The only way to do it would be to do a screen print of each screen in succession and paste it into a graphics program to put it all together as one continuous picture of the sequence. But having to do that to many sequences would be very time consuming and not sure that doing anything like that would be worthwhile..

Although it might be nice if it were possible to do a graphical printout of all the cells, tracks, groups, etc. from the SE, but not really sure how practical it would be.

Edited by Orville

In the Sequence Editor, there's print options from the Channel Configuration. (TOOLS > CHANNEL CONFIGURATION)

It won't reproduce the sequence but it will give you a channel list if that helps.

If I'm reading the OP's question correctly, I believe he wants to print a graphical representation of the sequence cells, so the OP can pencil in areas or remove areas from the printout before committing to the existing sequence. Unfortunately the channel config printout is totally useless for that aspect. It's great for making sure no channels are duplicated and knowing where things are connected, but useless for what the OP is wanting it for.

So I can actually see a possible need for it for some folks, I'd probably never use it myself since I do everything in the SE, and can see no real need for it in my use, but I believe there are some here that might.

I'd suggest the OP send the request for this option to LOR at their wishlist@lightorama.com

Edited by Orville

Printing the actual layout of the sequence is what i was asking about. Thanks for all te help. Being new to LOR, i have many questions, luckly for me everyone on here seems very willing to help.

Unfortunately the channel config printout is totally useless for that aspect. It's great for making sure no channels are duplicated and knowing where things are connected, but useless for what the OP is wanting it for.

Orv - I don't mean to be a pill, but I don't recall telling ksmith that my information was a solution for what he was asking. In fact, I believe I said it WOULDN'T print the entire sequence. I offered up my info for the purpose of helping either the OP or subsequent readers learn of a feature that he/she/they might not know exists. So before you take me to school at least make sure the school is open and the lights are on.

And just because you've never used the print channel config option, that doesn't mean that those of us who find it useful, or even extremely useful, shouldn't be sharing the fact of its existence with new people who might not yet know. You would likely be quite dismayed should you ever learn just how many features there are in the S3 software of which you have no clue.

To ksmith247 - We ARE here to help. We'll either make you smart or make you stupid. Just like in a pasture, watch where you step. Merry Christmas!

Edited by George Simmons

My reply was no reflection on your post George, just making sure that the OP was definitely looking to print out from the SE graphical representation of the cells.

Almost, but not everyone here, because I post an answer, or try to clarify what someone may want, jumps down my throat and constantly tries to make me out the bad guy, misinformed and don't know what I am talking about. I know enough to try and at least help, and I also state right in my posts when I don't have the full answer, or am not sure, and for someone to chime in and help with the info they need, or them to seek out the advice of others {which CONSTANTLY seems to be missed}, but at least I TRY to help those asking for it to the best of my ability. And quite frankly I am getting sick and tired of being called out on just about EVERYTHING when I am doing nothing more than trying to help someone get to where they need to go, or at least try and point them in a direction, or to others that may have that info. And most of those posts end up doing nothing to help the OP, because people here are too busy trying to ridicule me, well at least I tried to help them, but the rest of the comments, did they help the OP find their answer? No, they just found ridiculous comments about my initial post and nothing to point them in the correct direction or the info they were asking for. Instead of posting unwarranted and useless comments on my posts, those comments should have been posted to get the OP in the right direction, but instead have to read others dribble because I didn't know 100% about something that I at least tried to help them with.

If the above paragraph gets me on the "mod que list" so be it.

And nowhere did I ever say I don't use the Channel Config printout, I print out those several times every year when I do my display, rearrange items in the display or add more/update my sequences. I use it to check for duplicate channels that I may have missed when moving things around and changing channels to other items. The Channel Config printout is great for that, but it is QUITE USELESS for any type of use the original OP was wanting to do. So in that respect, the channel config needn't even have been mentioned because it was not what the OP was seeking and would not have served the OP's purpose.

Edited by Orville

Printing the actual layout of the sequence is what i was asking about. Thanks for all te help. Being new to LOR, i have many questions, luckly for me everyone on here seems very willing to help.

You can't print this out of LOR but you could build it in Microsoft Excel if you felt it would help your process.

I've been know to use "cntrl print-scrn" than paste in paint, crop and print, if that helps.

Microsoft Excel has the option to notate any cell for your references and it might be a neat-o thing for SE to have.

I wished I had it when using DMX and intellegent lighting fixtures, so I know where I point the lights and what gobo I use, and other details.

Since it's a nice-to-have, it would be WAY down on the LOR wishlist.