Light-O-Rama Forums

How to keep lights on between sequences

Ganni17

Right now, I have my show start up and run through 6 different musical sequences. I have unchecked all boxes in which state "turn lights off at the end of sequences", the lights that are controlled by LOR still turn off during the 10 second display that I have between sequences. Is there anyway to have them all on between sequences?

Not saying this may work for you, but it worked for me, if you have any OFF cells at the end of your sequence, fill them in so the lights are on, It seems even if I have unchecked that option in the options to turn lights off or leave them on, if the sequence encounters an OFF command at the end, the lights will go out.

Also fill in any UNUSED light cells at the end to turn those lights on too, if you want them on. I have found it doesn't matter how the option is checked in the SE,

if I run the show and all channels are turned on at the end of the sequence, my lights usually stay on until the next sequence starts, now depending on the sequence, may turn off all the lights, some of the lights or none of the lights depending on the very first cell in the SE for those particular lights or item.

If the first cell contains nothing, OFF, then the lights will go off, otherwise, if that cell is used in the following sequence, the lights will just transition into the next sequence being played.

Like said, this works for me using an DC-MP3 Showtime Director unit, but when I've run tests from my PC, it still worked the same way for me. Hope it will work for you, but there could be a chance it doesn't. Just try it out and see if it will.

Good Luck & Merry Christmas!

Right now, I have my show start up and run through 6 different musical sequences. I have unchecked all boxes in which state "turn lights off at the end of sequences", the lights that are controlled by LOR still turn off during the 10 second display that I have between sequences. Is there anyway to have them all on between sequences?

Some of us might need a bit more information. What do you mean when you say "ten second display that I have between sequences". What kind of a display are you referring to?

Edited by George Simmons

I have found it doesn't matter how the option is checked in the SE..

I believe the OP was referring to runnning a show, not using the Sequence Editor. I've found that checking or unchecking that box in the SE does indeed have the effect it's designers intended. When using the SE anyway... Not sure what you're looking at or trying to see it do... Other than creating the sequences we use in shows, I'm not aware of any other connection the SE has with running the shows themselves. In case you're unaware, the SE is completely independeent from the Show Player.

If the OP wants lights on or off between sequences, there's a check box in the LOR Show Editor that will control that behavior during shows. I think you'll find THAT checkbox has a LOT to do with what happend during shows.

Edited by George Simmons

Not saying this may work for you, but it worked for me, if you have any OFF cells at the end of your sequence, fill them in so the lights are on, It seems even if I have unchecked that option in the options to turn lights off or leave them on, if the sequence encounters an OFF command at the end, the lights will go out.

Also fill in any UNUSED light cells at the end to turn those lights on too, if you want them on. I have found it doesn't matter how the option is checked in the SE,

if I run the show and all channels are turned on at the end of the sequence, my lights usually stay on until the next sequence starts, now depending on the sequence, may turn off all the lights, some of the lights or none of the lights depending on the very first cell in the SE for those particular lights or item.

If the first cell contains nothing, OFF, then the lights will go off, otherwise, if that cell is used in the following sequence, the lights will just transition into the next sequence being played.

Like said, this works for me using an DC-MP3 Showtime Director unit, but when I've run tests from my PC, it still worked the same way for me. Hope it will work for you, but there could be a chance it doesn't. Just try it out and see if it will.

Good Luck & Merry Christmas!

So in short you are saying the program does not work as it should, correct? Why would there be a "turn off or on lights" if it does nothing??

Ha! Good luck with that. Brains in Florida - surely you jest...

I suppose the next thing is you'll want to go chasing faeries through the woods.

Edited by George Simmons

Well shucks, Ganni17, try some of the different ways mentioned above and see what works for you.

I usually add several seconds to the end of songs so that I can bring the different display elements down seperately, like shutting down a room with several light switches.

I happen to like that look, but you should experiment and see what will make you happy.