Light-O-Rama Forums

adding song to sequence

gabyd@hay.net

I purchased the song Gangnam Style from iTune and converted it to an MP3. When I try to down load the song into a new sequence a pop up window appeared saying " the total time of this media file has not been determined" I can not get the song to download into the sequence. All the other songs I've done this way worked. Any ideas?

It's not in CBR format {Constant Bit Rate}. Sometimes the SE WILL load a VBR MP3, but when played the timing is off with the lights during play and even successive plays the timing can change, warranting unwanted results in your display.

All MP3 files should be in CBR form, most often when the SE won't load an MP3 is because of the VBR {Variable Bit Rate} MP3 time/length can not be determined, so the file doesn't load.

You'll need an audio conversion program like Audacity, which is free to convert the MP3 to a CBR, then it should load and work just fine.

Again, Audacity is a free program that many folks here use. I don't because I have a professional audio program I got years ago with my video editing software, so I don't use Audacity, but know it is highly recommended here on the forums. Do a search for Audacity and you should be able to locate some info on it and where to download it,

Good Luck