Light-O-Rama Forums

Tried MP3Gain but didnt work

CameronO

I tried using MP3gain but my music is still different loudness. I used track analysis and then track gain. I am using Itunes does that matter? If someone could please give me some advice i would appreciate it. Im starting to run my shows and it is very noticable with just about every song different volumes.

You can only get a very close proximity, as not all MP3's are created equal. It does a good job, but some MP3's may still be slightly lower or louder than others. We just live with it, as I have found no way to make every MP3 exactly 100% identical in volume, even my music editor {commercial version} can't do it on MP3's I've purchased and modified from I-Tunes, Amazon and CD Baby.

If you have near to perfect hearing, you may notice it, but most of your viewers listening it's not that noticable.

At most my MP3's using MP3 gain only have a 1 or 2 number difference in the levels. And not all that noticable to me, I also use the Track Analysis to convert all my MP3 files to the near same level, again, won't be 100% the same on all.

Hope this gives you a little more info on how it works.