Light-O-Rama Forums

Spiral tree need help!

Brett H.

Hi Everyone. I am in a bit of a pinch and need help. Not complaining but due to the overwhelming amout of hours i been putting in at work i fell way behind on my programming of the spiral tree. I have 3 done so far but need to add the spiral tree to 4-5 more songs but am just flat out of time.

We are doing a 16 channel spiral tree. All 16 channels spiral so there isnt any straight up and down on the tree. Can anyone help me by sending some samples of their spiral tree sequences. I am in need of All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey, Believe from Polar Express, Hot chocolate from Polar express, Jingle Bell Rock by Rascal Flats, Christmas Canon by Tansiberian Orchestra. Any help would be appreciated. I do have other songs I would like to do but hopefully things die down at work and can get at them before the end of season.

Thanks again in advance.

I'm doing a 32 channel spiral tree, 16 going one direction and 16 the opposite. From all my tree sequencing efforts, I think its going to look nice but truly the tale will be told next week when the show goes live for the first time and the comments come in. In your case, use the "Chase" function and it will save you a lot of time and trouble. Now if you are using incandescent lamps, you might need to extend the time each string is on before it shuts off or fades off but if you are using LEDs, they'll show just fine. Once you have a spiral in the sequence, use the copy and paste. Another idea is to use the "Toggle" function which will do the opposite therefore having them all on but turning strings off in sequence. It adds a different effect.

dgrant, thanks for the advice. My problem though is thati am currently working 16 hours a day and been sneaking on light o rama during work. Sucks we had to let some guys go at work at the worst possible time but what is man going to do. I literally have 10-15 minutes of free time. Sorry for ranting a bit but I am alittle frustrated at work and needed to vent. Your advice is truly helpful but i gotta find time to even attempt doing your advice. I am tempted to take down the spiral tree and hold off til next year. Dont want to but guess i am going to have to. Thanks.

I can't help you without sending you an entire sequence which has elements in it, for the megatree. Each of my sequences that uses the megatree, the tree isn't on all the time.