Light-O-Rama Forums

New startup with purchased sequences

craigecooper

At first I was thinking, no way will I have time to sequence my own songs. After reading some of the setup descriptions on the "for sale" 48 channel sequences I'm beginning to wonder how this ever looks right. My home is not odd shaped but I have yet to find any videos of a similar construction that I was hoping to use as a "channel grouping" layout. Really would like some high level guidance before I string hundreds of feet of extension cords and end up with a mess. My home is a split level, garage at the right with icicle lights on the gable roof line, 2nd main level to the left with icicles across the gutter over the porch, third upper level back to the right over the garage with icicles again along the gable roof line. In each section, windows and garage doors bordered in lights. That makes up the main structure that I'm struggling with how to do the left to right horizontal channel layouts that are suggested. If anyone has a link to an existing display or suggestions on how to handle, very much appreciated.

i would say a picture of the front of the house would help to see the hole picture on what you have to work with.

then the ideas on what to do with what for lay out will come.

I'm a newbie and I do the LOR "think in groups of 4 set up." I think it works great for 16 channels that I have. Don't know about more though. Also on the new LOR sequences site they have some great setup tips w/pics.

Realized that while I was rambling through the message but it's cold outside and I was being lazy. So what I have is one string of icicles across the porch gutter, one on each side of the gable over the garage and one more icicle string across each side of the upper gable. 5 total icicles at the roof line and edge lights on each window (3), main door (1) and garage doors (2). Also lights on the trees and shrubs but was kinda considering those separately based on the instructions with some of the pay sequences.

post-11161-0-70875900-1352042518_thumb.j

I don't have much time for sequencing myself so I bought a Christmas bundle from them and got a couple from some great people willing to share. My house is small (1 story). My roof is 4 channels (9ft each white). 4 channels bushes. Blue, red, green & white. 4 channels led 4ft trees white then 4 tomato cage trees. Blue, red, green & white placed between 2 led trees on each side of the house. It does some pretty cool runs up and down the house. Will try to post a video tonight. I'm not good at windows movie maker so who knows how it will turn out. Lol!

Just my ideas. See picture here.

#1 & #2 - Split the icicles.

#3 & #4 - Split the icicles.

#5 would be both windows as one.

#7 & #8 Are the windows upstairs.

#13 & #14 - Bushes/Shrubs on the ground.

looks like a good plan of attck with that set up