Light-O-Rama Forums

Rookie needs help already

Guest guest

Just recieved my first lor boards. I purchased four pc boards already built. I had to install the power cables and outlet cables they are all dual feed boards. Went to start up my first test and the LED light is not lighting up software says not seeing the board also. Thought I may have not got a wire on tightly switched to another board same thing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance and here we go already thought I wouldn't be here in trouble already lol.

Dave

I can't imagine a pre-assmebeld unit would have problems. Did you try the obvious stuff?

Outlet actually has power (it's not on a switch?)

Power cables attached correctly?

Fuses in place?

Edit: Check JUST THE SUPPLY CORDS and make sure they are attached correctly and securely. You have to have one supply on each side or else it won't work.

Edit 2: I've never bought a pre-built board but do you have to install the jumpers on them? Even if they are (supposedly) pre-installed, make sure they are secure and in the correct location.

Thanks for the reply not a board issue it won't work when I plug into my computer guess I need a serial port connector? I am a lil perturbed I even called and asked if I needed it. grrrr now I get to sit and wait a couple of weeks man this makes me mad. oh well guess it's better than it being dec 1st and in this boat lol.

Thanks any way Dave

Trash wrote:

Thanks for the reply not a board issue it won't work when I plug into my computer guess I need a serial port connector? I am a lil perturbed I even called and asked if I needed it. grrrr now I get to sit and wait a couple of weeks man this makes me mad. oh well guess it's better than it being dec 1st and in this boat lol.

Thanks any way Dave

Dave,

What? I don't understand - were you not saying that the LED wasn't flashing? That should flash even if it's not connected to the PC.

You do have the serial adaptor, right? How were you trying to connect it to the PC?

Edit: Don't tell me the network adaptor! :]

Trash wrote:

Thanks any way Dave

If you are plugging to board into an outlet, and you do not get a blinking red LED, (and you have nothing connected to the board other then electrical cables) then something is wrong.

The LED should flash when power is applied to the board, and is not in communication with the software.

Dave,

Chuck and Don are right. You if are not getting the LED to flash when they are plugged into the outlet, then there is a problem, and the problem doesn't exsist with connecting it to your computer. As Chuck said, check the jumper. It is located at the top of the board next to the cat 5 connectors. In the manual it explains what pins they should be in. Some times they get lose or even are in the wrong place. It is very hard for me to believe that and LOR board was assembled wrong, or for that matter 2 of them. If you still have trouble, email Dan. They are more then helpful all the time.

Greg