Light-O-Rama Forums

Compressed Sequences

ken collins

If the sequence editor automaticaly makes a compressed file of music/audio sequences, does it also make one for video/audio sequences?

Looks like it. Just created a video sequence and saved it. The compressed sequence was there.

Edited by Don

No worries, Tim.

A compressed sequence is a separate save file, associated with a sequence but containing only enough information to play the sequence in the Show Player, and optimized for loading speed

(Pardon the blatant copy from the docs, it explains it better than I can.)

No worries, Tim.

A compressed sequence is a separate save file, associated with a sequence but containing only enough information to play the sequence in the Show Player, and optimized for loading speed

(Pardon the blatant copy from the docs, it explains it better than I can.)

Docs? There's docs??? :)

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the docs. But this all just works automatically?

Sure does. Unless you turn off "Used compressed sequences" (and I forget where it's at right now, typing from phone) it does it all on its own.

I love the compressed sequences, they load so much faster than uncompressed. Before they came along, I needed several minutes just to load the files before the show started so I had to back off the start time so the show satrted when I wanted it to. Now I just play them without loading the files first and it's quick to load so the show progresses without any delays between songs.

Guest wbottomley

Sure does. Unless you turn off "Used compressed sequences" (and I forget where it's at right now, typing from phone) it does it all on its own.

Right click on the control panel icon in the pc tray and uncheck "Use Compressed Sequences."