Light-O-Rama Forums

Heads Up - Free Sequences

Guest Guest

DON'T WAIT!

1. Immediately take a backup of your ENTIRE account (if you have CPanel, it's easy and should back up not only your files, but MySQL DBs as well).
  2. Ensure that your domain names are registered with someone OTHER than your host. If not, TRANSFER THEM.

I personally had several clients web sites completely disappear without warning when a host went under. Thankfully I had backups, so getting it re-hosted was not an issue. Unfortunately all the domains were also registered with the webhost. It was MONTHS before I could finally persuade the upstream registrar to release them to me (and it cost a FORTUNE).

Guest wbottomley

DON'T WAIT!

1. Immediately take a backup of your ENTIRE account (if you have CPanel, it's easy and should back up not only your files, but MySQL DBs as well).
  2. Ensure that your domain names are registered with someone OTHER than your host. If not, TRANSFER THEM.

I personally had several clients web sites completely disappear without warning when a host went under. Thankfully I had backups, so getting it re-hosted was not an issue. Unfortunately all the domains were also registered with the webhost. It was MONTHS before I could finally persuade the upstream registrar to release them to me (and it cost a FORTUNE).

Gotcha' covered. Backups are weekly and downloaded to my pc.

Excellent. I don't ever want anyone to go through what my clients did a few years ago.

I'm serious about the registrar as well. Even if it means spending $100 to get a re-seller account with a top registrar, it's worth every penny. The upstream registrar wanted $40 renewal (I call it ransom) on EACH domain to put them back in my control. And the months of back-and-forth with them and sending IDs, receipts, etc was HORRIBLE.

It looks as though everything is back up and running. So... if you're looking for free sequences, a list of free ones are here or download mine here.

Thank you for sharing. Alot of great sequences.