Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for 12 days of Christmas

RickAbel43

Hi

I am new to this i just got my first LOR this year just 16 channels was hoping to get a second LOR before christmas but unsure i will not unless i get lucky....My 9 year old son loves the song 12 days of christmas and wants me to play that through the lights and sofar i have just one song for the sysytem and that is Frosty the snowman and that took me forever to do but i think i did ok for the first one...i am going to be running around 13000 led lights , i ran 9000 led lights on 3 Mr Christmas machines last year was ok and happy with it but now i am changing over to LOR and its to be honest Frustrating and hard...i would like to do atleast 6 songs but dont know if i will have time to program them all. and to be honest dont have none to consided to start programing and setting up and would like to ask if anybody can help me out with the sequences and songs and what would be some good songs to start with...i know my 3 children likes the songs with beat to it...i also made a santa claus talking face with three moving mouth parts with the help and reading up on here and thanks to the forums for that ..i am using 5 channels on it. and two channels on 4 minnie trees of two colors on each tree. one channel on roof outline . one channel on Isicles...one channel on pathaway candy canes....one channel on three deers...one channel on the bear and the angel....and i made 4 stars on the roof like i did last year i stapled the lights down to where they barely went into the shingles and the stars are 6 feet in size and 4 colors on each star which for all 4 stars takes 4 channels Red Blue Green and white in each star i have them set up in 4 stars in one getting smaller going inwards and each star i changed the outed color on each of them like red then blue then green and white and all 4 stars are different and when the red goes off all red goes at the same time and i think that is what really caught everyones eyes last year the most....i also have windows to put on a channel and other things and thats why i hope i might get another LOR before christmas but i have to stick and do with what i got for now....sorry i kepted blabbing on i just thought maybe it might help someone with what they would do with how i am setting up my lights on what music to play and sequences to use.....thakyou if anyone is able to help or has some ideals of what they would do to help....Rick

p.s

i am including a picture of the house dont mind it i am in the process of painting it right now...

post-10470-0-02548900-1349842721_thumb.j

I'd be happy to share. Have both Straight No Chaser and Muppets done. You would have to copy/paste what you want, both are for about 200 channels. Drop me a PM.

Hi

Thankyou for the Responses that i have sofar...Songs that come to mind that i would love to do for 16 channel system are:

Siberian Style:

Deck The Halls

Carol of the Bells

Joy to the World

Twelve Days of Christmas

Wizards in Winter

Nut Rocker

Rock N Rolls Carols

Jingle Bells

We wish you a merry Christmas

Here comes Santa Claus

Santa Claus is coming to Town

Winter Wonderland

Let it Snow

Sleigh Ride

Grandma got run over by a reindeer

Rockin around the christmas Tree

Those are the songs that come to mind that i would not mind doing around 6 to 8 of them in my display if anyone can help with Seq. and music for these one's thankyou somuch my kids would love it......Rick

Hi

Thankyou for the Responses that i have sofar...Songs that come to mind that i would love to do for 16 channel system are:

Siberian Style:

Deck The Halls

Carol of the Bells

Joy to the World

Twelve Days of Christmas

Wizards in Winter

Nut Rocker

Rock N Rolls Carols

Jingle Bells

We wish you a merry Christmas

Here comes Santa Claus

Santa Claus is coming to Town

Winter Wonderland

Let it Snow

Sleigh Ride

Grandma got run over by a reindeer

Rockin around the christmas Tree

Those are the songs that come to mind that i would not mind doing around 6 to 8 of them in my display if anyone can help with Seq. and music for these one's thankyou somuch my kids would love it......Rick

Rick,

I can help you out with some of the ones you would like. My sequences are for 128 chans. They consist of 4 tracks. I use the tracks for props. EG 14 chans blue arches. This may help you in the cutting and pasting. Shoot me a PM.

Hi rick I have built up a nice collection over the last year so just drop me a pm with what these guy can't help you out with and ill see what I can do

Hi Rick, I'm working on a 12 Days of Christmas version by the band "Relient k". I could share when it's done. It sounds like you have a similar setup with my 32 channels. Shoot me a PM if interested. Might take me a couple weeks before it's done though.

I like this version because they switch up the beat for each days, and it's kind of funny in parts.

Edited by Rapajez

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Rick, I'm working on a 12 Days of Christmas version by the band "Relient k". I could share when it's done. It sounds like you have a similar setup with my 32 channels. Shoot me a PM if interested. Might take me a couple weeks before it's done though.

I like this version because they switch up the beat for each days, and it's kind of funny in parts.

Here's a link to my sequence. Tried to keep it a little goofy like the song. Tried to nail the drums/fills early, but got lazier as it went on...lol. Also have a simple 4-channel face, but I didn't use it much in this sequence.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27396308/12_Days.zip

All I ask is you drop a link or video here when you're done! Until I can figure out how to make a paypal "donate" button....