Light-O-Rama Forums

Fountain Lighting

Guest guest

The area that I did my show last season has a large fountain in the middle of it. I didn't have any lights in the fountain, so my display had a large dark hole in the center of it. I have found some "Underwater" low volt LED lighting and I was wondering if anyone out there has looked at, worked with, experimented with this type of set up and if you would have any ideas or recommendations.

The stuff that I have found and am looking at can be seen at:

http://www.mainlandmart.com/ledmart.html

Any ideas would be appreciated..

Thanks people

how bout rope light with the ends hanging out of the water towards the back of the fountain?

that and sealing off the ends so you can do more...idk...just brainstorming shouting out the first thing that pops into my head

johnny christmas wrote:

how bout rope light with the ends hanging out of the water towards the back of the fountain?

that and sealing off the ends so you can do more...idk...just brainstorming shouting out the first thing that pops into my head

Whoops.. sorry.. left something out.. This is at an amusement park, the fountain is in the center of a large grassy circle, with a walkway around it. The fountain is a Pentagon in shape, about 18' on a side with 5 jets from the corners and one large fountain in the center. Since it is a commercial structure, everything needs to be UL approved, and I don't think that they would go with homemade equipment. (no matter how good they looked ) I did the show last year using 4 controlers, and am about to order about 5 more..

Brad,

If I remember correctly, Dan said last year that the controllers which you purchase from him completely assembled are UL approved. As such, they can be used in public locations.