Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you sequence

MikeA

I have 4 new songs to do this year. Taking a little break now and I was wondering....do you sequence 1 entire song then move to the next or do you sequence a little on one song the a little on another until done?

I do one song at a time as well. However, I quite often found myself going back and tweaking earlier sequences as I came up with new ideas while sequencing new songs.

ScottyMo

I do many different songs, and always have some in process. Why? Because after hearing the same song over and over, well, after a while it DOES get BORING! So when I get bored with it, I go and work on another song I've started and haven't completed.

I probably have anywhere from 20-30+ songs all in process at one time, work on each one until I get to where I'm either bored with it, or just can't stand listening to it one more time, then go work on a different song I'll add to my show.

Not all songs are for the current year, I may have songs I'll add, but they may not get put in until next year or even 2 or more years down the road, this way I always have something "different" to work on and not be stuck on only one song until it's finished. I finish them when I finish them, if it happens early enough, I add it to my current show, if not, next year or later on for future shows.

But that's just the way I prefer to do it.

Occasionally I will work on and complete a song, if I really, really want it in my current show.

Edited by Orville

I do many different songs, and always have some in process. Why? Because after hearing the same song over and over, well, after a while it DOES get BORING! So when I get bored with it, I go and work on another song I've started and haven't completed.

I probably have anywhere from 20-30+ songs all in process at one time, work on each one until I get to where I'm either bored with it, or just can't stand listening to it one more time, then go work on a different song I'll add to my show.

Not all songs are for the current year, I may have songs I'll add, but they may not get put in until next year or even 2 or more years down the road, this way I always have something "different" to work on and not be stuck on only one song until it's finished. I finish them when I finish them, if it happens early enough, I add it to my current show, if not, next year or later on for future shows.

Occasionally I will work on and complete a song, if I really, really want it in my current show.

I do the same

Me too

Guest Don Gillespie

well I start by turning on my lap top, slowly carressing it and fondling it to get it out of my case, then after it is turn on I will go to the sequence editor and pull up a new musical sequence and then add the music, after that I add my master channel configuration, and then I go right to the beat wizzard, soon after that I am to tired to sequence so I power down and have a nap, actually all my sequencing is done for this year, again I am running a 90 min show that will loop through 3 times an eveaning, but in all fairness I sequence one song at a time and then I have the boss critic it for me (my wife) usually the same response I get on all the sequences needs more lights but feel free to sequence any way you want there is no right or wrong way. now back to wrapping 80 sleeves, putting together my 24 candy cane spinners and making another 2000 feet of extension cords, sequence away my friends