Light-O-Rama Forums

how to change a Zip file

rcraig

I have songs that are a zip file and I cant find out how to change them so I can use them in my show. Any out there that can help me with steps on how to convert them so I can use them.

I have songs that are a zip file and I cant find out how to change them so I can use them in my show. Any out there that can help me with steps on how to convert them so I can use them.

not sure I follow. If your file is named "song.zip" just rename the file extension.

They could be compressed (or zipped) files. You will need to extract the files first. Use windows explorer to find the file, right-click on it and select Extract all files... Save the files in the audio folder.

Just renaming a ZIP file won't work. Usually that is a compressed file, I use 7Zip which is free for home use {or was when I got it years ago}, it will uncompress many archive file types, ARJ, ZIP, and quite a few others. It's always good to have a program that can zip and unzip these type files.

When I encounter a zip file, I cheat, I click on it, tell Windows to allow me to view the files, then I select the files I want using CTRL key and a mouse click. Once I have the files I want to extract, I then select COPY the files and then I PASTE them into their correct directory.

MP3 files go into my Audio Directory

LMS files go into my Sequence Directory.

If you used LOR's defaults when you installed it, put your sequences in the Sequences directory or the Sequence Editor may not find them without you browsing for them. Also if they aren't in the Sequence Root Directory, the Simple Show Builder can't find them either, they have to be in the main root of the Sequence directory, if they are in a subfolder, the Simple Show Builder WILL NOT find them. I have my sequences in different subfolders per year created and channel count, example this year my Halloween Sequences are in a subfolders, I have 80 Channel from the root of the Sequence folder, then under the 80 Channel have another subfolder 2012_Halloween Display, under that I have two subfolders one for Completed and one for Incomplete sequences, incompletes are ones I have worked on, have created the sequence and done nothing with or may be near completion. Once completed, they get moved to the completed subfolder. But if I use my PC to run the show and use Simple Show Builder, the LMS, LSV and LSC files need to be moved into the main sequence root folder. You can just move the LMS and LSV files I think, or just the LMS files themselves will work.

So my Halloween sequence directory looks like this on my system:

C:\LOR\Sequences\80 Channel\2012_Halloween\Completed

and for Incomplete ones:

C:\LOR\Sequences\80 Channel\2012_Halloween\Incomplete

then I have a subfolder that looks like this for downloaded sequences from others:

C:\LOR\Sequences\Downloaded Sequences

This is where your LMS, LSV, LCS and BAK files will be located.

Now your default directory may, and probably is, completely different from mine, this is just to give you an idea where your sequence files should go once unzipped or copied and pasted to the area for easiest access to them. And just another way of getting access inside a zip file and just copy and paste the files inside without having to use an extraction program.

They could be compressed (or zipped) files. You will need to extract the files first. Use windows explorer to find the file, right-click on it and select Extract all files... Save the files in the audio folder.

Bolded text above in the quote is INCORRECT for Sequence files!

Sequence files go in the Sequence folder, NOT the audio folder!

The LOR SE will look to the sequence folder for sequences, and in the audio folder for music {audio} files.

Unless something changed I don't know about in the LOR SE.

Bolded text above in the quote is INCORRECT for Sequence files!

Sequence files go in the Sequence folder, NOT the audio folder!

The LOR SE will look to the sequence folder for sequences, and in the audio folder for music {audio} files.

Unless something changed I don't know about in the LOR SE.

I think someone is missing something here.

The OP posted that the files within the ZIP were SONGS so those files would indeed go to the AUDIO folder.

If there are other files in there besides songs, those naturally would need to be placed in their correct folders. However when Duane posted, what he said was correct for the situation.

I think someone is missing something here.

The OP posted that the files within the ZIP were SONGS so those files would indeed go to the AUDIO folder.

If there are other files in there besides songs, those naturally would need to be placed in their correct folders. However when Duane posted, what he said was correct for the situation.

OOPS! My apologies to both you, Mike and Duane, when I first read it, I thought the OP was talking about sequences, not songs. Somehow I either missed songs and somehow thought it read sequences. Now I know I need to get new glasses, either that, or I've got to quit trying to read several e-mails from the forum and then replying, from the links back to the thread{s}. :wacko:

Somehow just thinking something that it wasn't. :o

So yes, you and Duane were right, it does go into the Audio directory being a song. Again, my apologies for the oversight.

Ah well, only human and as such, gonna make some blunders from time to time, it's inevitable! :P;):)