Light-O-Rama Forums

rookie mistake

evan.a

So I'm helping a member with a sequence, he sent me his file with the audio, and I decided to start and do it my way. and I've been playing around tapping things out, got pretty far into it. than I stopped and started. made some adjustments and kept going thru it. Than I played thru the entire sequence to find I'm off at some spots. start and stop a few more times to correct it. played thru again and off even more. Grab a beer and thought about it. Than I realized, I never ran his audio thru audacity to make it a fix 128b. Lesson learned... Just wanted to share that even I forget some rules on fbr.

this has bitten many members including myself, I bet during the year it pops up 10 times or more

Whaaaat?

I'm haveing the same problem. I loaded the song A Man Russians Christmas. Spent many days on the sequencing, played it through, half way through its all off sequence.

How do I convert it to 128b? what is audacity?

Evan, your first mistake was not opening that beer first. That gives you more time to think about what you need to do next. :D

It's amazing how this first overlooked process (beer) can make such a big difference. ;)

Sometimes that first process has to be repeated a couple times before proceeding on to the next step.

Took me a lot longer than the first time. Since I am the person that builds by kids bikes w/o reading the directions. The photo is good enough.

I find that I need to run my audio through Audacity even if they've been done already, but I've then moved them to another computer.

Edited by Liberty-Laser